Made final payment and info from Star Clipper

elklemi

First of all the lady told me that at this time they no longer require trip insurance for covid altho she recommended that we do purchase this, we will receive an antigen covid test at the port at no cost to us before we board.  The biggest thing is not requiring the covid insurance but while checking for same it is not expensive so I may purchase anyway.  This is for January sailing from Costa Rica.

4 minutes ago, elklemi said:

First of all the lady told me that at this time they no longer require trip insurance for covid altho she recommended that we do purchase this, we will receive an antigen covid test at the port at no cost to us before we board.  The biggest thing is not requiring the covid insurance but while checking for same it is not expensive so I may purchase anyway.  This is for January sailing from Costa Rica.

Hi John - I hope you are keeping well & glad to see you taking another Clipper cruise. We are both fine & send a big hello 🙂 Paul & Mel (we sailed with you from St Maartan just before covid)

Wow so good to hear from you all and hope you all are doing well and hopefully travelling all over the world. I will never forget you all and I had such a great time with you all and hope you all have trips planned now that covid is waning.  thanks so much for saying Hello!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, elklemi said:

Wow so good to hear from you all and hope you all are doing well and hopefully travelling all over the world. I will never forget you all and I had such a great time with you all and hope you all have trips planned now that covid is waning.  thanks so much for saying Hello!

I just got back from New York & we have a few trips booked next year including another Clipper cruise out of Italy. We promised ourselves that when we hit 59 years old (2024) we will take 6 months off work, pack 2 bags & travel around the world so that's the plan. We also want to retire at 63 & take a world cruise as that's something I always wanted to do. I hope we cruise together again one day - I am sure we will find another beach bar to enjoy a few beers 🙂 

We were told when I made final payment about a week ago that we DO need travel insurance for our 12/31/22 sailing. It’s in case we test positive before getting on the ship. 

I’ll wait until it gets closer to see what the policy is at the time. We usually have travel insurance anyway.