Greenhouse Spa - Best Rates

friendswithdave

With super-great rates we opted out of another planned land vacation and into a Nieuw Amsterdam 7 day cruise in December. We rarely splurge while on ship but plan to this time on a few spa treatments. I've heard rumors on discounts for purchasing ahead of time and other discounts when two or more treatments are purchased at the same time. That said, I searched for details and only found "up to 25% off when purchased before on board."

How have you gotten the best deals in the spa? Is buying three at the same time while on board better than buying in advance?

We are also considering the Thermal Suite for one day or the entire week. Pricing is hard to find. Anyone on board recently have details?

Thanks!

2 hours ago, friendswithdave said:

We are also considering the Thermal Suite for one day or the entire week.

It's $149 a week per person.....from what I see for our November NS cruise.

And worth every cent!  

I'm not reading of any recent reports of the price being cheaper onboard or pre-board...(in the past, it was sometimes cheaper and sometimes more and I've had it price adjusted on board if it was less once onboard but that was before the unpleasantness so old info)...Would welcome any feedback if folks have who have cruised recently have more intel

• Like 1

The spa on NS was packed last week. The only time I saw the thermal suite facilities empty was very early and late, even on port days at peak midday times there were always a couple people in there. On sea days the loungers were full or maybe had only 1 open and the therapy pool regularly had 5+ people in it. Now, maybe I was just choosing the wrong time but I did peak in a few other times and it was a busy spot. As for spa services, I normally wait to get my appointments until I get on the ship. I won't be doing that again. I got some pretty miserable time slots for my 2 dressy night hair updos and my massage and facial were both at times that were not the first of my choosing. That said, the ladies that helped me said MANY people missed their appointments the last couple of days of the cruise despite no changes to the schedule for the last 4 days of our cruise. I can understand some missing at the beginning as we missed 2 ports and had a new port subbed in which changed up our sea day schedule completely. So, although every cruise will be different, this was a port heavy cruise and yet I had issues with appointments. 

As for discounts, they did not run the usual daily specials I had seen in the past (at least not that I even noticed, maybe they were posted somewhere I was not looking but they were definitely not in the Daily paper as in past times) but there was the 10/20/30% discount for booking 2+ treatments. Every treatment past 3 was discounted 20%. The prices for pre-purchasing treatments online do seem to be discounted from what you see on ship but those are specific to what time you choose. Off times during port days are cheaper. If you want a sea day treatment, you will be paying full price if prebooking. 

Edited by fatcat04
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, friendswithdave said:

Few responses here tells me very few take advantage of the spa services,

Our experience is that the thermal suite has a strong following....never too full (sometimes wait for a hot lounger but dash to the pool until one opens up) but busy during the day...less in the early am and or late pm. 

It is our favorite splurge....in many ways.  LOL. 

As far as the other spa services, Her Majesty, even after many cruises, enjoys the services and works her way into a facial or something. 

Also, Her Majesty's embarkation day routine is to visit the spa and enter the raffle....She's won a few good freebies over the years....and as we all know "you must be present to win".

Go enjoy.....

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

I was just going to book a massage on-line for our upcoming cruise.  I see you have to pay in advance.  What is the spa cancellation policy if I decide to cancel or make a change?  (And, this would be prior to 3-days before sail date.)