Costa Maya on Christmas

Jayhawk

We will be at Costa Maya on Christmas Day....any ideas? I have been searching for a church with services (preferably Catholic) but having no luck. I also have sent three messages to Native Choice - 2 through the web site and 1 via direct email from three years ago when we did a tour with them which our family LOVED! And no response?? Any other suggestions of things to do that day? We really don't want to stay in the man-made area and we're not a fan of ship excursions.

Thanks!

18 hours ago, crewsweeper said:

There is a small church in Mahahual on the  west side of the soccer field.  Iglesia Catolica. I believe though they have a traveling priest conduct services.  Not sure about Christmas.  Maybe Christmas Eve.

We are on NCL Breakaway. I did see that church (77976 Mahahual, Quintana Roo, Mexico, Iglesia Católica de Mahahual), right by Krazy Lobster, but I can't find anything on it online (email, phone, service times, etc?)

18 hours ago, Jayhawk said:

We are on NCL Breakaway. I did see that church (77976 Mahahual, Quintana Roo, Mexico, Iglesia Católica de Mahahual), right by Krazy Lobster, but I can't find anything on it online (email, phone, service times, etc?)

Mostly a church for the villagers.  Small village. Probably all who attend know th eservice schedule of when the priest is coming.   Pretty sure all services are in Spanish.

Someone heading to Costa Maya between now and Christmas might wish to check it out.

Back a few years My wife and I were on the Majesty and ported in Costa Maya on Christmas Day.  The port was lively and we were suppose to go to Mahahual but it was raining off and on.  Not sure about church in Costa Maya itself but we had a midnight service Christmas eve on the ship.  Was interesting since the ship was rocking some and people trying to walk up and take Communion was channeling.  So you might want to check your compass or with the crew to see if they are having a midnight mass.

The Ump

John  

6 hours ago, theump said:

Back a few years My wife and I were on the Majesty and ported in Costa Maya on Christmas Day.  The port was lively and we were suppose to go to Mahahual but it was raining off and on.  Not sure about church in Costa Maya itself but we had a midnight service Christmas eve on the ship.  Was interesting since the ship was rocking some and people trying to walk up and take Communion was channeling.  So you might want to check your compass or with the crew to see if they are having a midnight mass.

The Ump

John  

Thanks so much! That would be quite lovely!!

• 1 month later...
On 10/6/2022 at 5:35 PM, Jayhawk said:

We will be at Costa Maya on Christmas Day....any ideas? I have been searching for a church with services (preferably Catholic) but having no luck. I also have sent three messages to Native Choice - 2 through the web site and 1 via direct email from three years ago when we did a tour with them which our family LOVED! And no response?? Any other suggestions of things to do that day? We really don't want to stay in the man-made area and we're not a fan of ship excursions.

Thanks!

Please post back what you end up doing in this port! We will be going there in the beginning of March & are looking for something to do that isn't a ship excursion as well. There honestly aren't even many excursions listed via ship anyway.

P.S. Great screen name!😉