MSC Check In - Security Pic & Our State on our Docs

GreytRacer

First MSC cruise and trying to figure out their check in procedures. 🤪

1.  It says we need security pics. An old thread on here said they retake the pic when you arrive so not to bother.  Is this still the case?  If we need to add one pre-cruise, is there a way to do it through the app?  

2. My Embarkation docs don’t show my state. On the check in page online, it shows it, but not on the doc.  Will this be an issue?  

3.  I see on other threads that we don’t need to click on the “Boarding Pass” link. Thanks for that info!  

Edited by GreytRacer
Clarity

We uploaded pics before boarding and they did not retake our pictures when we checked in.  The attendant said that they only retake if the pic that has been uploaded doesn't show enough of one's facial features.  

As for the state not being on your docs, if you have a TA, I would mention it to them.  When we checked in on line my state of birth defaulted to my DH's state instead.  My TA called them and it was corrected.  I didn't think it was going to be a big deal but apparently it is a big deal.  If no TA, I'd give MSC a call.

On 10/9/2022 at 5:41 PM, Georgia_Peaches said:

We uploaded pics before boarding and they did not retake our pictures when we checked in.  The attendant said that they only retake if the pic that has been uploaded doesn't show enough of one's facial features.  

As for the state not being on your docs, if you have a TA, I would mention it to them.  When we checked in on line my state of birth defaulted to my DH's state instead.  My TA called them and it was corrected.  I didn't think it was going to be a big deal but apparently it is a big deal.  If no TA, I'd give MSC a call.

Thanks for your response!  I booked directly with MSC so I’ll call them and ask about the state. 

And I’ll have to get some pics on the computer.  They’re all on my phone!  😂