Voyagers Club not crediting cruises sailed...

Stockjock

For some reason VC is not giving my GF credit for 2 of her last 3 cruises taken.  It doesn't even show that she sailed on the ship.  She did a fair amount of spending on her account, so there's definitely a problem.

When we try to add future booking numbers to her MSC login, we get a message that reads, "There was an error in your Booking ID added".  Booking numbers are definitely correct.

I contacted MSC in April 2021 on this and they couldn't or didn't resolve it.  Contacted them again a bit over a week ago with no reply.

However, the auto reply did give me a phone number I could call, which was just the regular reservation number and they had no authority to do a thing.  There was also a link to a web page which showed as "not found".

Did anyone have any experience like this?  She was a bit annoyed, as she's not getting points for anything.  Plus, her VC membership now shows an early 2023 expiration whereas mine shows as Sept. 2025 and we've been on the exact same cruises.

6 hours ago, Stockjock said:

For some reason VC is not giving my GF credit for 2 of her last 3 cruises taken.  It doesn't even show that she sailed on the ship.  She did a fair amount of spending on her account, so there's definitely a problem.

When we try to add future booking numbers to her MSC login, we get a message that reads, "There was an error in your Booking ID added".  Booking numbers are definitely correct.

I contacted MSC in April 2021 on this and they couldn't or didn't resolve it.  Contacted them again a bit over a week ago with no reply.

However, the auto reply did give me a phone number I could call, which was just the regular reservation number and they had no authority to do a thing.  There was also a link to a web page which showed as "not found".

Did anyone have any experience like this?  She was a bit annoyed, as she's not getting points for anything.  Plus, her VC membership now shows an early 2023 expiration whereas mine shows as Sept. 2025 and we've been on the exact same cruises.

Did you try emailing the Voyagers Club department?  If not, here's their email:

MSCVoyagersClub@MSCCruisesUSA.com

Not a solution...just an observation.

Maybe it has to do with "whose number was used for the booking"

A couple of years back we booked under my husband's number (it had to do with status match and he matched higher than me for some "only known to MSC" reason although we were on the same cruises) and then, as I recall, I wasn't getting points.  But, covid happened; the trip got canceled; and I had to do another match....

When you call, does the rep have her correct number?  

We had an issue that we did not get points.  I emailed a lot for months and it was finally addressed 4 months after I started.  They gave us points but our expiration date did not change.  Luckily we cruised in June and that trip did post and extended the expiration.  

I had a similar problem, my account was missing my last two sailings whilst my wife had been credited ok. Noticed that any marketing emails I received from them had me at gold tier & a different m/ship number.

Emailed & got no reply, waited a couple of months and tried again & got lucky.

Turns out I had two accounts in my name so all sorted.

Keep at it, I must have got someone at the other end who actually bothered to look at the issue. 

We're in the UK & mailed mscdirect@msccruises.co.uk, not sure what the equivalent would be in USA.

15 hours ago, Stockjock said:

When this happens, it usually means the booking name was slightly different. Try the first and middle name in the first name field when logging in to see if that helps. My guess, as mentioned above, is there are two numbers out there now.

Bret

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cruiseguyinorl said:

When this happens, it usually means the booking name was slightly different. Try the first and middle name in the first name field when logging in to see if that helps. My guess, as mentioned above, is there are two numbers out there now.

Bret

I've emailed Voyager's Club going back to 2021 and they didn't resolve the issue.

That said, I spoke with customer service today.  They show the GF's middle name as being a part of her last name.  She's from the Philippines and they often show the maiden name as the middle name.  But for MSC's purposes, it should be entered as the middle name, not like a hyphenated last name.

Hopefully they can fix it, *if* they actually read the messages and get back to me.  They're not great at that sort of thing.