Internet minutes?

toothmaker

We'll be sailing on the Oct. 15 Canada/New England cruise.  We will need to downloadd return flight boarding passes.

Do I have to buy an internet package or can I just pay for about ten minutes to download my boarding passes?

I'm not all that smart phone savvy.  Thanks for your replies.

9 hours ago, cruzsnooze said:

There is a daily rate so no need to buy a package. You should ask the internet cafe tech during his available hours if you can just pay for the boarding passes printing fee and skip the internet fee.

?, Princess has not had a charge for printing in a very long time. I have not heard Princess offered ‘Boarding pass printing fee’. Pre-covid, Princess offered a ‘short’ minutes plans for those who just needed a quick log on to check in for flights, etc. 

As ‘minutes’ are no longer offered and only a voyage or ‘daily/24 hour’ package, I believe this is the only option. 

Are you returning from Canada where your phone plan does not work? Most airports have free WiFi, so is it possible to wait till then, or check in at the airport?

Is it possible to ‘make’ a friend who has internet on the ship to allow you to check in and print your boarding passes. Do you need to print your passes or can you check in online?

If you are platinum or higher then you are eligible for 50% off the daily plan which I believe once on board is $15/day. 

Is there a reason that you need to print your boarding pass?

I understand wanting to check in ahead of time if flying Southwest and wanting to get a good boarding position. With a budget airline, such as Spirit, there may be a small charge if you need to print a boarding pass at the airport kiosk but that would still be cheaper and easier than dealing with it onboard.

However, with most airlines it is completely unnecessary to print a boarding pass before heading to the airport because you can easily obtain one, for free, at the airport. I am a frequent flyer and I have never once printed a boarding pass for a return flight. I may check in online if I have free internet access on my phone but if I don't have Internet then I just check in and get a boarding pass at the airport. It has never once slowed me down or caused me any problems at all. 

Edited by minabruuke