Questions on Owners Suites

flyers

We are first time Cruisers on Oceania and we are booked on the Sirena Bridgetown to Miami in December 2022 and have read on CC that back in 2018 a passenger made a complaint  regarding severe vibration and noise in the Sirena Owners Suits on deck 7. Is there anyone who has been on Sirena in an Owners suite or stern cabin that can advise if this problem still exists?.

https://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=624737&stay=1&posfrom=3

We are coming from Silverseas, Seabourn and Regent and are wondering if our experience on Oceania will be very different other than not having the All Inclusive run of the ship?

flyers,

I don't like to contradict what a person insists is their experience and memory.  I can only say that we have sailed in 7114 on Sirena 4 times and twice on Regatta.  You could say it's our go-to cabin.  Never had the experience described in the OP's review.  Not saying it didn't happen to them, only that it's never happened to us.  Two trans-Atlantics, 3 Caribbean, and 1 trans-Panama Canal.  Smooth and calm, and great sleeping.

We've done a few Regent cruises, but Oceania is our fave.  Prefer the Terrace to Sette Mare.  We are simple folk with simple tastes😁

• Like 1

I agree....as both with Owner's Suites and Vista Suites - the sailaway as well as docking can certainly cause vibration and noise......I got used to it however as it helped wake me up from my after excursion nap and helped me wake up to start getting ready for dinner! lol....

It in no way occurs nonstop throughout the cruise....

I can only relate my own experience, not on the Sirena.   On our Alaska cruise last august on the Encore(a 4000 person ship)  there were somewhat rough seas and the captain was running the ship at 22 knots.   We ate in the MDR and the vibration was bad enough to make us grab our glasses a couple of times.  I've also experienced similar but less vibration on other ships.   So my conclusion is "it depends".  If smoother sailing should be no problem.  May happen at full speed.  Will only happen in certain circumstances. 

We were on the Sirena a month ago up the coast of Norway.  Didn't experience any vibration but there were no rough seas and didn't need to run the ship at full speed.

For me I'd book an owners suite at the front of a ship but not the aft based on my personal experiences and the fact the large motion at the front doesn't bother me.   I would think 90% or more of the time the aft is great but I'm not willing to spend that much money.

Edited by davencl

12 hours ago, davencl said:

I can only relate my own experience, not on the Sirena.   On our Alaska cruise last august on the Encore(a 4000 person ship)  there were somewhat rough seas and the captain was running the ship at 22 knots.   We ate in the MDR and the vibration was bad enough to make us grab our glasses a couple of times.  I've also experienced similar but less vibration on other ships.   So my conclusion is "it depends".  If smoother sailing should be no problem.  May happen at full speed.  Will only happen in certain circumstances. 

We were on the Sirena a month ago up the coast of Norway.  Didn't experience any vibration but there were no rough seas and didn't need to run the ship at full speed.

For me I'd book an owners suite at the front of a ship but not the aft based on my personal experiences and the fact the large motion at the front doesn't bother me.   I would think 90% or more of the time the aft is great but I'm not willing to spend that much money.

Owner's Suites are only at the rear of the ship on Oceania Ships. Vista Suites are on the front. 

On 10/12/2022 at 3:16 PM, flyers said:

We are first time Cruisers on Oceania and we are booked on the Sirena Bridgetown to Miami in December 2022 and have read on CC that back in 2018 a passenger made a complaint  regarding severe vibration and noise in the Sirena Owners Suits on deck 7. Is there anyone who has been on Sirena in an Owners suite or stern cabin that can advise if this problem still exists?.

https://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=624737&stay=1&posfrom=3

We are coming from Silverseas, Seabourn and Regent and are wondering if our experience on Oceania will be very different other than not having the All Inclusive run of the ship?

Congratulations on booking an Owners Suite. Sometimes not easy to do. I assure you there are probably several people waitlisted hoping you give up your cabin.

Thank you to all who responded and yes we obtained the last Owners Suite before they became wait listed. Once we are on board we will be happy to answer this question and any others that CC cruisers might have. 

• Like 2

We were on Regatta in an OS, Deck 7 in Alaska and there was no issue.  The only time we have felt anything was if in rough seas and the props are spinning freely due to the wave action.  I find that at times there is vibration on any of the ships, R or O Class, from the Captain using the side thrusters moving us into docking position. 
Just have a fabulous time and enjoy that beautiful suite.

Ciao, Mauibabes.