watch your booking when online "chat" helps

herbanrenewal

I used the chat function to cancel an excursion for my New England/Canada cruise in 2 weeks. When i went into my account to be sure it was done, the cruise wasnt listed. I called and was told I cancelled the cruise "for economic reasons." Not only did she cancel the cruise, she made up a reason for it. They were able to reinstated the same booking number. But since they already processed cancellations of all excursions needed to be booked again (and paid for again). Now my edocs arent available again. I sure hope I can board without problem. I think im done with using chat. Because i have a hearing loss i try not to do things by phone but that may be what i need to do.

3 minutes ago, herbanrenewal said:

I used the chat function to cancel an excursion for my New England/Canada cruise in 2 weeks. When i went into my account to be sure it was done, the cruise wasnt listed. I called and was told I cancelled the cruise "for economic reasons." Not only did she cancel the cruise, she made up a reason for it. They were able to reinstated the same booking number. But since they already processed cancellations of all excursions needed to be booked again (and paid for again). Now my edocs arent available again. I sure hope I can board without problem. I think im done with using chat. Because i have a hearing loss i try not to do things by phone but that may be what i need to do.

May be a language translation thing.   I have no doubt they farm that department out to overseas locations not unlike Apple or Bank of America.   One or two words crossed can cost a fortune.  

Good heads up.  I too once had my entire cruise cancelled after calling to cancel a single excursion.  This was on Royal, not NCL and I cancelled the excursion over the phone.  Luckily I caught the mistake before they resold my cabin.  Ever since then I make sure to check my reservation a few times in the 48 hours after I make any changes to it.