Golf cruise?

squierjosh

Anyone ever put together a golf excursion themed cruise? I'm looking to put together something for a winter getaway, but I'm not seeing a lot of Carnival golf excursions (Jamaica, Mazatlan, St Kitts). I don't think there's any cruise that has any two of these ports together. I know Cozumel has at least one course. I assume most other islands do as well.

1. The course in Cozumel closed in 2020 and probably will never reopen. I drove past it October2021and it has not been maintained at all so it would take $$$$ to renovate if someone want to buy it and try reopening. The Jack Nicklaus layout was great years ago, but the last few times I played there the course was not well maintained. I have played golf in Roatan, Curacao, St. Thomas and Puerto Vallarta also before while cruising. Some were booked on my own and some through Carnival. If you wanted to make a golf trip while cruising, I am sure with planning you could play in most ports on your trip.
  • Like 1

This is the second thread I have seen tonight asking about golfing on the islands.  Not the same islands.  I am kind of surprised that someone who is an avid enough golfer to carry clubs on a cruise would not belong to some golfing forums which could provide suggestions as to golf course locations.  EM

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Essiesmom said:

This is the second thread I have seen tonight asking about golfing on the islands.  Not the same islands.  I am kind of surprised that someone who is an avid enough golfer to carry clubs on a cruise would not belong to some golfing forums which could provide suggestions as to golf course locations.  EM

You sure you're not from MN, with that subtle passive aggressive response? 

• Haha 1

I always take my clubs and have never played at more than two ports on anyone cruise. I have a good travel bag and it's easy to bring clubs on the ship and take the off at end of the cruise with porters. It's not bad to carry clubs off at ports and to a taxi.  

• 2 months later...
On 10/12/2022 at 11:21 PM, johnboy036 said:
  1. The course in Cozumel closed in 2020 and probably will never reopen. I drove past it October2021and it has not been maintained at all so it would take $$$$ to renovate if someone want to buy it and try reopening. The Jack Nicklaus layout was great years ago, but the last few times I played there the course was not well maintained. I have played golf in Roatan, Curacao, St. Thomas and Puerto Vallarta also before while cruising. Some were booked on my own and some through Carnival. If you wanted to make a golf trip while cruising, I am sure with planning you could play in most ports on your trip.

Where did you golf in Roatan? How did you get there from the cruise port? I've heard taxis are not reliable.

• 1 year later...
On 1/7/2023 at 9:08 PM, lighthousemom said:

Where did you golf in Roatan? How did you get there from the cruise port? I've heard taxis are not reliable.

I would love to know this.  Is there anyone with advice?  I've emailed Black Pearl and we were confirmed a tee time, but I'm wondering about the transportation.