Chef's Table on Enchanted Princess

tabprincess

I am trying to decide if we want to try the Chef's Table on our upcoming cruise on Enchanted Princess.  The description on the Princess website is pretty vague as far as the food served.  Do they just bring out whatever the chef wants or do you actually order from a special menu?  Also, is there a lot of talking by the chef?  I'm not really interested in hearing how things are prepared, I'm just interested in eating a delicious meal.

If anyone has first hand experience, I'd appreciate a brief description of what it was like.

Thank you!

Although there was a time when the menu was largely dictated by corporate, today the chef determines the menu. There is a pre-dinner meeting which you will communicate food allergies and other dietary considerations. I've included the menu from our 2018 Royal Chef's Table. IMHO, I would not recommend the experience to a "picky" eater. You don't need to be a "foodie" to enjoy. If you like good food that is beautifully presented, I think you will enjoy the experience. The chef will explain each dish, such as the ingredients and any interesting preparation notes. The chef does not talk throughout the meal.

20221013_092253.jpg

20221013_092304.jpg

Edited by Aggie83

We  have enjoyed  the  chefs table  several  times,  with  varied menus.

usually a  group  of 10-12.

you  will  meet together and put  on white coats and  go  into  galley  and  wash  your  hands and  be  treated to  champagne  and hors d'oeuvres (  that  are not  on  any  menu)

then  you  are  seated.  On  the  enchanted there  is  a special area and table  for  this.

The  meal  will  be coursed and paired  with  wine.

Desert will be amazing.

you  will get  a group and  couple photo  with  chef and Maitre'd.

Ladies receive  a  Rose and you  will also  receive an  autographed cook  book.

It  will last about 2  hours and food  is plentiful. 

We did chef's table on Princess a few times and it was always very enjoyable.  The food is amazing.  It is a HUGE amount of food. Don't eat much that day.  I honestly couldn't handle that much food at this point in my life.  One thing that stuck in my mind, I remember they told us you must have closed toed shoes and I didn't have any.  I tried to find them in the ports but couldn't.  Ended up it was canceled due to norovirus.  So if that's still a thing, make sure you have the right shoes.  (It's for safety in the galley).  It was fun to meet new people and talk with them, we made friends for the rest of the cruise and met up a few times for drinks.

I have done the Chef's table twice, once on the CB and once on the Crown in 2010 and 2011.  I enjoyed it very much... at the time the price was $75.00. It was a special meal presented beautifully, and the wine pairings with each course allowed me the opportunity to try some wines that I would not have an opportunity to have otherwise.  This was 11 years ago.   They did serve a variety of dishes from a set menu and it was festive and fun.   Here are photos of the menus that I saved5C88CDF2-854E-4F62-93D6-7BE654536EB8.heic5C88CDF2-854E-4F62-93D6-7BE654536EB8.heic5C88CDF2-854E-4F62-93D6-7BE654536EB8.heic5C88CDF2-854E-4F62-93D6-7BE654536EB8.heic5C88CDF2-854E-4F62-93D6-7BE654536EB8.heic

DC4D31EF-73D7-4A6F-9057-68D9AD0465E2.heic

• Thanks 1