Cabin rebate

18 minutes ago, Ardsley1967 said:

Does anyone know how Royal Caribbean figures out the amount of the rebate?

@Ourusualbeach can clarify but you usually get the value of something below the base fare of one cabin for every eight cabins booked, but all of that is to be settled/negotiated at booking not after the sailing.

38 minutes ago, Ardsley1967 said:

I had 9 cabins recently on Oasis of the Seas.   I know I’ll get a rebate because if the number of cabins.   Does anyone know how Royal Caribbean figures out the amount of the rebate?

thank you 

Did you set this up in advance as a group.  You can't do it after the fact.

Its based on cruise fare which is less than the cruise fare you see published.  The total fare is made up of cruise fare, non comissionable cruise fare and taxes. The average non comissionable fare is about $250 per person.

If the total cabin cost was $2000. Subtract taxes (I'll use $150pp) then subtract non comissionable cruise fare (use $250pp).  This leaves cruise fare of $600 per person.

Your rebate would be based on the average cruise fare of the 8 rooms divided by 2 as you get 1 persons cruise fare for every 8 rooms. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/13/2022 at 8:38 PM, Ourusualbeach said:

Did you set this up in advance as a group.  You can't do it after the fact.

Its based on cruise fare which is less than the cruise fare you see published.  The total fare is made up of cruise fare, non comissionable cruise fare and taxes. The average non comissionable fare is about $250 per person.

If the total cabin cost was $2000. Subtract taxes (I'll use $150pp) then subtract non comissionable cruise fare (use $250pp).  This leaves cruise fare of $600 per person.

Your rebate would be based on the average cruise fare of the 8 rooms divided by 2 as you get 1 persons cruise fare for every 8 rooms. 

But nothing if not booked as a group?