Symphony Balcony Cabins - layout question

Is there a way to find out which cabins have beds by the balcony and which cabins have the couch by the balcony?  I've seen videos of balconys on youtube but they all seem to be random. Do you think that if I call RC, the reps might know?

1 hour ago, nolegirl01 said:

Do you think that if I call RC, the reps might know?

Unlikely. The bed placement is not random - they alternate down the hall. Find one closest to your cabin (pics.youtube) and then alternate down to yours. Others will soon provide an alternate method.

• Like 1

The rep I spoke with didn't seem to understand at all. She went so far as to tell me that if I didn't like the layout the cabin steward could change it!  She said he could move the bed to the bathroom wall and the couch to the balcony wall or vice versa!

Anyway, yes, thanks to the lovely people on this board there IS a way to find this out.  The rooms alternate so you need to find a room that sleeps four, so look for an asterisk on the room.  THAT room has the bed by the bathroom.  Then just alternate up or down the hall to figure out each cabin.  Another method, and one you can use to double check yourself, is to find two connecting rooms. So find two rooms with the connecting arrow in front of them.  Pretend you are standing in the hall looking at the two doors.  The door on the LEFT has the bed by the bathroom.

If you have a specific cabin you are inquiring about you can ask here, too.

Caveat--I believe this only applies to Oasis ships, but Symphony is Oasis so you're good!

• Like 1

The true way to find out is to call Royal Caribbean and ask them to please check. If you don’t get satisfaction from a regular rep, try the accessible department. It may take a few days for them to get the answer for you, though  My husband rented a scooter several years ago and we needed to make sure the beds were at the far end of the cabin, next  to the balcony and not near the bathroom. (BTW, it was on an Oasis class ship.) We already had a cabin booked but I wanted to make sure it was OK. Ended up calling the accessible department. They told me they had to contact the ship to make sure, since there are exceptions to the alternating layouts of the cabins. Since we had booked without even thinking of this at first, we ended up having to change to the proper layout. We were given several cabins to choose from  that had the right layout in our cabin class. The accessible department advised me to always check.  We checked again for our next cruise. After that, we just purchased a small,  fold up travel scooter the size of a medium suitcase. We can put that anywhere so the layout is no longer an issue for us. If you don’t need the layout for that particular reason, I don’t know if they will assist or not but perhaps they can direct you to someone who can. I think the other posters are correct in that usually the layouts alternate but according to Royal Caribbean, it’s not an absolute given.

• Like 1