HAL Pre-Cruise Hotel (Copenhagen)

Kamfish642

Looking at booking pre-cruise hotel in Copenhagen.  Has anyone stayed at the Palace Hotel Copenhagen that can give me their thoughts?  Does the HAL pre-hotel include transfers from airport to hotel and hotel to cruise terminal, and breakfast?

1 minute ago, Kamfish642 said:

Looking at booking pre-cruise hotel in Copenhagen.  Has anyone stayed at the Palace Hotel Copenhagen that can give me their thoughts?  Does the HAL pre-hotel include transfers from airport to hotel and hotel to cruise terminal, and breakfast?

Hotel packages almost always include transfers.

We stayed at the Palace Hotel in August 2019. It was in a great location, very central, lots of shops and restaurants close by, as well as tourist attractions. Nice buffet breakfast included. We had a package through our travel agency, unfortunately transfers weren't included. It was $60 Cdn for a taxi from airport to hotel, approx 9 km. Apparently it's easy to take a train. Here is the info I collected from 2019; I don't know if things have changed since then.

In May, I sent email to Scandic Palace palace@scandichotels.com asking about transport from airport to hotel. Response was that price would be approx 250–350 DKK  ($50–70 Cdn) depending on traffic. Taxis will accept credit cards. Also said we could take the regional train to the central station, and then walk to hotel which will take about 5-7 minutes.

To take train: From airport, taking the train, with luggage, is easy. Most trains from Copenhagen Airport have low floor wagons with step-free access. Take the train, not the metro. Costs 36 DKK (approx $7.30 Cdn) per person. Tickets for the train can be purchased at machines in the baggage claim area or machines near the DSB ticket sales counter inside Terminal 3. These machines only accept coins, some credit cards, and most debit cards with PIN. Can also purchase tickets at the DSB ticket sales counter inside Terminal 3.

Entrance to train station (Københavns Lufthavn, Kastrup Station) at the airport is located near end of Terminal 3 (which is the terminal we will arrive in). From the arrivals exit baggage hall of Terminal 3, walk straight across the terminal. At the end of the terminal, follow the signs towards Track 2 for Copenhagen Central Station, Nørreport, Østerport, Helsingør, Fyn and Jylland.

Take the moving walkway down (no steps on walkway) towards train tracks to board next train. Elevator available if preferred.

Do not need to validate ticket or pass through any gate; just ensure you have ticket in hand in case asked.

During day train runs every 10 minutes; at night runs about 1 to 3 times per hour. Takes about 13 minutes to reach Copenhagen Central Station from CPH Airport.

• Thanks 1