Question re guaranteed club balcony suite Bliss/Joy

lt0826

If you booked a guaranteed club balcony suite can you tell me what room you ultimately got and if you were happy with it. 

We currently have a balcony on our 11/6 cruise we chose. We have fpps we have to use by year end that can only be used towards upgrade or fare.  And we are thinking if upgrading since we have ~$300 in fpp left and can't do another cruise this year. And at this point we can only do a guaranteed cabin with this upgrade and can't pick our room. 

My fear is ending up on 9 the floor above the cavern. 

If you did end up there how bad was it? A couple reviews make me think it will be pretty bad. And we have a kid with us. 

Then again there is a small chance of a really nice upgrade. 

• 4 weeks later...

I just booked a club Balcony suite ( on the encore )  and the room selection defaulted to the rooms directly above the cavern. Fortunately I noticed and changed it. I’d be concerned about the possibility….  What is the price diff between guarantee and choosing?

Edited by tanyaewa

1 hour ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Nobody knows, because it's either one or the other.  You don't get to choose.

we just booked a club balcony suite on the bliss for next summer. guaranteed was $3054 and selecting a midship, 15th floor was $3130. so $76 more.

1 hour ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Are you talking about "guaranteed" or "sail away?"

not sure of the terms, but both included all the free at sea and whatever discounts, coupons or deposits you might have. only difference is that one you book a cabin category and ncl places you in a cabin, and the other option is you select the cabin you want. if you are traveling with family, you want all your cabins together.

2 minutes ago, cleeeek said:

not sure of the terms, but both included all the free at sea and whatever discounts, coupons or deposits you might have. only difference is that one you book a cabin category and ncl places you in a cabin, and the other option is you select the cabin you want. if you are traveling with family, you want all your cabins together.

Was this on the NCL website or a third party website?  This sounds like the old NCL web interface, that was replaced for (most of?) us many months ago.

On 11/13/2022 at 1:51 PM, ChiefMateJRK said:

Was this on the NCL website or a third party website?  This sounds like the old NCL web interface, that was replaced for (most of?) us many months ago.

Sometimes when room categories start to get slim, they'll still let you book a particular type of cabin but will call it a 'guarantee' rather than letting you see the room options. So it's different from sailaway where you get nothing included, but you still have no say in your room.

My guess is they do this for shuffling of deck chairs when upgrade bids start to get accepted. This is for our upcoming Panama Canal trip when trying to book a regular balcony cabin. Not a bad price for a 15 day 🐀 cruise....

image.thumb.png.e8620943714d39f60e88ef8e48649f85.png

On 11/11/2022 at 9:20 PM, tanyaewa said:

I just booked a club Balcony suite ( on the encore )  and the room selection defaulted to the rooms directly above the cavern. Fortunately I noticed and changed it. I’d be concerned about the possibility….  What is the price diff between guarantee and choosing?

I didn't have an option to pick the cabin and all I could do was guaranteed. We decided not to do the upgrade out of fear of being in a bad location.  We later called about a spa club balcony and got a great price a s just took it. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, lt0826 said:

I didn't have an option to pick the cabin and all I could do was guaranteed. We decided not to do the upgrade out of fear of being in a bad location.  We later called about a spa club balcony and got a great price a s just took it. 

That worked out great then 

• Like 1

On 11/14/2022 at 7:34 PM, swtygrl said:

Was on Joy in August. Got upgraded to cabin 9266. Sounded like we were in the Cavern Club. Not good if you go to bed early. Also there are rehearsals during the day. 

Ha. Just realized that might be a way to hear the show without being in the crowded Cavern Club. 

• Haha 2