Clothes Steamers - Revised

Jerseygich

5 minutes ago, Jerseygich said:

Has anyone ever used a NON electric steamer on a cruise? If so, would you be willing to share any info on it? Thanks

I guess you mean steaming clothes in the shower. No other non electric way to create steam. I used to do that and it combined with Downey wrinkle release did a passable job depending on the fabrics. These days my cruise clothes are all performance fabrics that don’t wrinkle. Unpack them, hang up and no wrinkle. Prana pants and shorts. Shirts are 60/40 blends. No 100% cotton clothes.  

I see that there is a product called "InstaSteam" that claims to be "cruise ship safe".  It says that it is approved by TSA but only for transport of unopened packages, not for use.  As this is quicklime that you add water to, this reaction releases enough heat to ignite paper, so I would have my doubts about it being allowed on the ship.  Whether it is found by security is one thing, but I would not bring this myself.

• Thanks 1