Ardastra Gardens in Nassau

nlktx49

We went several years ago and are planning to go back this December on our next stop. Taxis are lined up and waiting for you at the port. We arranged for the same driver to come back and pick us up after a few hours. He was very nice and even doubled checked the schedule at the zoo to ensure we would be able to watch the flamingo show during the time we were there. We finished about 15 minutes early but used that time to buy our daughter an ice cream and the taxi showed up right on our agreed upon time. We loved the experience at Ardastra and how close you get to the animals plus seeing unique animals. The walking paths are nice and well shaded.

• Like 2

• 4 months later...
On 2/25/2023 at 10:48 AM, new.b.cruiser said:

Did you end up going? How did you like it? And do you remember the cost for a taxi?

Hi. I've been to Ardastra a couple times in the past 10 years.  I LOVE it!  It's small enough, so you don't get tired walking around the whole place. But the animals and gardens are just so cool and out-of-the-ordinary, that it's very unique. Try to catch the flamingo show if you can.

If I remember correctly, it would cost about $10 - $12 each way for the taxi. (?) Definitely ask beforehand.

Also, if you're feeling adventurous, you can take the #10 Jitney (local bus) for $1.25 per person each way!

That's what I'm doing again in April on my solo trip, then heading to Saunders Beach (very close by), and grabbing lunch at Sonia's Jerk Shack just past the Fish Fry. 

Have fun if you end up going!

I'm very curious about this "Sonia's Jerk Shack" that you mentioned!   Can you tell me more about it?  My boyfriend and I have a cruise in May (for my birthday) and I plan on forcing him to go to Ardastra Gardens while we're in Nassau.  Sonia's Jerk Shack sounds like it might be a good place for lunch while we're there too!   

I've been many times but he's never been to Nassau, so I'm hoping to make it fun for him. (we're not interested in shopping, Atlantis is only mildly appealing for the aquariums / tour of the hotel - we aren't "beachy" people (during the day LOL)   We're likely just going to wander around the city exploring.  

6 hours ago, angelsfort said:

I'm very curious about this "Sonia's Jerk Shack" that you mentioned!   Can you tell me more about it?  My boyfriend and I have a cruise in May (for my birthday) and I plan on forcing him to go to Ardastra Gardens while we're in Nassau.  Sonia's Jerk Shack sounds like it might be a good place for lunch while we're there too!   

I've been many times but he's never been to Nassau, so I'm hoping to make it fun for him. (we're not interested in shopping, Atlantis is only mildly appealing for the aquariums / tour of the hotel - we aren't "beachy" people (during the day LOL)   We're likely just going to wander around the city exploring.  

This will be my first time going to Sonia's (this April), but I've been to Nassau many times. Looks like it's next to all the places at the Fish Fry, at the bottom of Chippingham Rd, which is where the #10 Jitney drops me off for Ardastra Gardens.

** Try looking it up on trip advisor -- it gets very good reviews, and you can see pictures of the food and menu. It does show the hours as 2pm - 8pm, so if you're going for lunch, it'll be a late one.

Also, we did the rum distillery tour (John Watling's) last time, and it was pretty interesting. It's close by the port area. They give you samples, and my Pina Colada sample was awesome!!!

Just a suggestion. 🙂