Ask me anything (AMA): edge villa on Celebrity Beyond

LongStrangeTrip19

Thanks so much for such detailed replies. The information is really helpful. If we could get a move up bid, or a good rate to just upgrade, we would love to have this suite next year for our 25th anniversary.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, danceswithphones said:

I was wondering about the 'patio' outside the door on Deck 16. We will be in 15106 in three weeks. I'm hoping that is a low traffic area. 

I wish I had a picture for you but it is very low traffic. Each edge villa has a little fenced in area on the retreat deck that has a small loveseat, a pillow and some blankets. This is under an overhang and out of the way. We never saw anyone in this area including other edge villa guests. We only used that entrance a few times. It's a nice area but we either enjoyed our deck on the oceanside or used the downstairs entrance since it was close to the retreat lounge, elevators, thermal suite, gym, etc. 

It's a beautiful suite. My best advice would be to enjoy it and make sure you use all the perks including access to the thermal suite, no charge lunches/dinners at any of the premium restaurants, laundry service, internet, etc. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rwf1 said:

Thanks so much for such detailed replies. The information is really helpful. If we could get a move up bid, or a good rate to just upgrade, we would love to have this suite next year for our 25th anniversary.

The ship is beautiful and so are all of the suites that I saw. The edge villa is really nice and Celebrity does a great job of making you feel spoiled. Definitely worth it if you get a good deal or an upgrade. All of the service staff really go out of their way and give you a little extra attention when you're staying in the villas as well. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, danceswithphones said:

I was wondering about the 'patio' outside the door on Deck 16. We will be in 15106 in three weeks. I'm hoping that is a low traffic area. 

You can see the patio area for some of the Beyond villas starting at the 1:35 mark on this video.

• Like 3

On 10/17/2022 at 5:42 PM, LongStrangeTrip19 said:

Just returned from Oct 3rd sailing of Celebrity Beyond staying in an Edge Villa suite. Spent 3 nights in Rome before and 3 nights in Barcelona after. Ask me anything about the ship, service, ports, etc. Ate at most restaurants on the ship and tried to explore as much as possible. 

I added a detailed review of our trip including the ship and ports of call for anyone that is interested. I love reading about other cruisers experiences prior to going on a trip, so hope this helps anyone doing their research for an upcoming trip. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, tomjn111 said:

Did you feel safe traveling around Barcelona. Where did you stay? Going to be taking a cruise out of Barcelona next May

Yes, we felt absolutely safe. We stayed at the Cotton House Hotel (https://www.hotelcottonhouse.com/) which was centrally located and walking distance to the Gothic Quarter. We were also walking distance (<1 mile) to Sagrada Familia, las ramblas, the harbor, and many restaurants and shops. I would recommend not staying right on Las Ramblas since it is extremely touristy and crowded so you get the usual riff raff there at night. Everyone eats dinner late in Barcelona so we found it safe walking around even at night. 

We took a cab several times and I don’t think we ever paid more than $10 euros to check out other neighborhoods, museums, parks, etc. We also had a car service for convenience from the cruise ship (20 min) and to the airport (25 min). We absolutely loved Barcelona and would highly recommend it as a safe city. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, LongStrangeTrip19 said:

Yes, we felt absolutely safe. We stayed at the Cotton House Hotel (https://www.hotelcottonhouse.com/) which was centrally located and walking distance to the Gothic Quarter. We were also walking distance (<1 mile) to Sagrada Familia, las ramblas, the harbor, and many restaurants and shops. I would recommend not staying right on Las Ramblas since it is extremely touristy and crowded so you get the usual riff raff there at night. Everyone eats dinner late in Barcelona so we found it safe walking around even at night. 

We took a cab several times and I don’t think we ever paid more than $10 euros to check out other neighborhoods, museums, parks, etc. We also had a car service for convenience from the cruise ship (20 min) and to the airport (25 min). We absolutely loved Barcelona and would highly recommend it as a safe city. 

14 hours ago, LongStrangeTrip19 said:

Thank you for the response. I will check out that hotel

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Im thinking about booking a villa. Great knowing the spa is included!

Do both port and starboard sides have the little patios at the retreat doors?

Can you think of any reason to book port vs starboard?

Why didn’t you use the retreat door often? Id think I’d be using it a lot. Getting lot of use of the retreat deck.

Did you try le voyage? Crazy to believe this is included free but appears so.

cant edit last post. put another way, is there any public access to the deck 15 entrances of the villas. on the plans the villas appear to have access thru the retreat lounge . also is the elevator only going to stop at 15 if you have a key card for the retreat?

Edited by luckyinpa
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, luckyinpa said:

put another way, is there any public access to the deck 15 entrances of the villas. on the plans the villas appear to have access thru the retreat lounge . also is the elevator only going to stop at 15 if you have a key card for the retreat?

Red path shows how non-Retreat guests get to the fitness center. They can't get into the hallway where the EV's are located. There's a key access door in front on 15102 (I put a dot there). Elevators go all the way up but all the Retreat things are card access. Door in front of 15106 is a backdoor into the Retreat Lounge. It's marked Crew Only but it was never locked. That item up against the aftmost wall of 15106 is a stairwell (key access) that goes up to Deck 16 from the Retreat Lounge. 

Image1.jpg

excellent diagram! now i know what that hall is. where you put the red line.  so you can go in the red dot door to your villa or to into retreat lounge for a drink before going to the cabin. i like multiple entrances. you are a wealth of good info! i saw the pic of the backdoor you mentioned in your above pic. in theory if you arent supposed to use that crew door then is the red dot door really how they want you to go in. just curious. i like the idea of secret door to the lounge and the retreat deck. thats why you pay a premium 🙂

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, luckyinpa said:

i like the idea of secret door to the lounge and the retreat deck.

The 'secret' door into the Retreat Lounge opened into the hallway. I made it a point to exit 15106 slowly so I didn't collide with anyone. Crew came and went thru there but not very often. Here's a photo from the other side. Just to the right of the crewperson. Made goodie runs easy!

n.jpg

• Like 1