Will replacement medallions be engraved with your name and cruise?

Smokeyham

Out of curiosity.....  If you lose your medallion and go to Passenger Services (or wherever medallions are replaced) can they engrave the replacement with your name and ship like the original or do they just give you a generic one?  Or.... do they just give you an old fashioned cruise card?

An alternative scenario is that you arrive at your port of embarkation and, for whatever reason, don't have the medallion that was mailed to you.  

Just curious, and yes.... I know that if you lose it on board they can likely track its location on the ship.

5 minutes ago, Smokeyham said:

Out of curiosity.....  If you lose your medallion and go to Passenger Services (or wherever medallions are replaced) can they engrave the replacement with your name and ship like the original or do they just give you a generic one?  Or.... do they just give you an old fashioned cruise card?

An alternative scenario is that you arrive at your port of embarkation and, for whatever reason, don't have the medallion that was mailed to you.  

Just curious, and yes.... I know that if you lose it on board they can likely track its location on the ship.

Our last cruise had the medallion show the wrong loyalty level. We went to the front desk and had a new one in a couple of minutes, complete with name and date engraved.

• Like 1

Just now, NownZen said:

Our last cruise had the medallion show the wrong loyalty level. We went to the front desk and had a new one in a couple of minutes, complete with name and date engraved.

Thanks..... Good to know.  I have kept cruise cards in the past as souvenirs so it is good to know that if I lose the medallion the replacement will still have the souvenir value.  Hadn't thought of the issue of having incorrect information (i.e. loyalty level) on there.

17 minutes ago, Smokeyham said:

Yes, it will have your name and sailing date.  This is tor security purposes.

• Like 1

Lost or broken medallions can be replaced when embarking at the port  or at the guest services desk once onboard.  On 2 of my last 5 cruises the battery in the medallion was weak and sometimes would not unlock the cabin door. 

I stopped by GS and they replaced the broken medallion in minutes.  The process is almost identical to replacing the old card keys except you get a new medallion that automatically unlocks the door as you approach your cabin.

Very nice !!
  • Like 1

In simple terms ... YES, just like your original token.  I lost my first token on the our very first medallion cruise. When we got to the dock, I told the "security" person who waved me by.  As we approached the dock, there was a desk representative who was walking briskly (okay kinda running) who was bringing a new medallion to me. (she already knew who I was from the pictures that had previously been submitted. It takes a long time for them to make a new medallion for you, ... like maybe a minute, but sometimes 2 if there are issues.

On 10/20/2022 at 9:42 PM, SiliconCruiser said:

In simple terms ... YES, just like your original token.  I lost my first token on the our very first medallion cruise. When we got to the dock, I told the "security" person who waved me by.  As we approached the dock, there was a desk representative who was walking briskly (okay kinda running) who was bringing a new medallion to me. (she already knew who I was from the pictures that had previously been submitted. It takes a long time for them to make a new medallion for you, ... like maybe a minute, but sometimes 2 if there are issues.

Great!  Sounds like they have the system well set up. 

On 10/20/2022 at 7:51 PM, Smokeyham said:

I have kept cruise cards in the past as souvenirs so it is good to know that if I lose the medallion the replacement will still have the souvenir value. 

Just as an FYI, the medallions from my April & May 2019 cruises are still attached to my refrigerator.  Along with some from recent cruises.

On 10/20/2022 at 4:42 PM, Smokeyham said:

Out of curiosity.....  If you lose your medallion and go to Passenger Services (or wherever medallions are replaced) can they engrave the replacement with your name and ship like the original or do they just give you a generic one?  

They're not actually engraved. It looks more like they're printed...maybe a fancy laser printer (?).

Only thing that might not be duplicated is the custom designed medallions that are available to purchase.  We just stay with the basic free medallions and have had them replaced due to not working.  Guess the battery in them was old to start with.

3 hours ago, cruisingpeople said:

Just as an FYI, the medallions from my April & May 2019 cruises are still attached to my refrigerator.  Along with some from recent cruises.

Are the backs magnetic or do you have to buy a seperate holder?