Havana Area

Cinders411

Hello to all. We recently booked a Havana cabin on the Mardi Gras expecting it to be the same as on the Dream. Sadly, it wasn't. It was very narrow/small with only a hot tub. I am wondering if any other ships have the same space/layout as the Dream's Havana area? 

4 minutes ago, willyt25 said:

The Dream does not have a Havana area.  The Vista, Horizon and Panorama have the nice aft Havana area with the pool and two hot tubs.  Mardi Gras and Celebration have the smaller Havana area with just the hot tub.

I thought that they just had a small pool and no hut tub?

maybe op is talking about the serenity area?

Edited by Illbcruzn4life

2 hours ago, pirate4me2 said:

I agree, the Havana area on the MG/Celebration is such a let down! The Vista class is freaking amazing. 

We had a Havana Cabana on The Vista and loved it. In January we’ve got the Havana Aft Balcony on the Horizon. No going back from Havana. Love it!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Illbcruzn4life said:

Have a havana cabana booked for april on celebration. Thinking of canceling 

You might want to at least give it a try - It all depends on what you are looking for.  I know I'm really in the minority here, but I liked the Havana area on Mardi Gras better than Panorama (on Panorama it was too crowded for me).  But I will admit I typically sail when the ships are really full.  I don't do the pools/hot tubs, so I'm happy to just be guaranteed to find  a quiet lounge chair without a lot of noise or people around (and Mardi Gras was perfect for that, super quiet and relaxing). No chair hogs/savers at all.

Although the pool is not large, it's certainly big enough to get in a cool off, and at least on our cruise, it was so rarely used, 1 couple (or 1 family) usually had it all to themselves.  I would book the Havana area on the Excel class ships every time if there weren't such a significant upcharge for it.

Coincidentally it was also April when we were in our Havana Cabana on Mardi Gras and because of spring break, we over capacity with a ton of kids.  But you never would have known in the Havana area.

Edited by csm5986142
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, csm5986142 said:

You might want to at least give it a try - It all depends on what you are looking for.  I know I'm really in the minority here, but I liked the Havana area on Mardi Gras better than Panorama (on Panorama it was too crowded for me).  But I will admit I typically sail when the ships are really full.  I don't do the pools/hot tubs, so I'm happy to just be guaranteed to find  a quiet lounge chair without a lot of noise or people around (and Mardi Gras was perfect for that, super quiet and relaxing). No chair hogs/savers at all.

Although the pool is not large, it's certainly big enough to get in a cool off, and at least on our cruise, it was so rarely used, 1 couple (or 1 family) usually had it all to themselves.  I would book the Havana area on the Excel class ships every time if there weren't such a significant upcharge for it.

Coincidentally it was also April when we were in our Havana Cabana on Mardi Gras and because of spring break, we over capacity with a ton of kids.  But you never would have known in the Havana area.

Seems like its going to be a letdown compared to our experience in the Havana cabana on Horizon.

i did get the cabana for the same price insides go for in the Havana area. They day after I booked it the prices went up about $900.

I’ll see as time goes on. Final payment is in January.

44 minutes ago, Illbcruzn4life said:

i did get the cabana for the same price insides go for in the Havana area. They day after I booked it the prices went up about $900.

Wow, I'm jealous, what a deal.  We are booked on Celebration in January, but the price for the Havana Cabana was significantly more than an extended balcony cabin, so we booked the ext. balcony.

• 2 weeks later...