No Vines Wine Bar on Enchanted?!? Where to find "good" wine?

flwinejunkie

On 10/22/2022 at 1:32 PM, c-boy said:

Princess line is not the only cruise line experiencing this phenomenon. 

In the last 30 years beer consumption has grown much faster than wine/spirits - and very dramatically at the higher end of the beer market.

9 hours ago, Auntiejo said:

Geez I’ve clearly been living under a rock for years, because all this time across countless cruises I thought it was one bottle per person, period. 🤦‍♀️ This is great news. I’ll gladly pay a fee if that’s what it takes to be able to drink my good wine from home. Out of curiosity, what’s the corkage fee per bottle? Thanks. 

Its supposed to be $20 a bottle but sometimes, you are still charged $15.  
The first bottle pp, if consumed in your cabin, won’t be charged corkage.  

On 10/24/2022 at 7:39 PM, Thrak said:

I have found the 10 year old Talisker available at most bars. It's quite smoky and peaty. It falls within the constraints of the Princess Plus pricing. It's often overlooked by people who want 12 year or older but, for those who enjoy a smoky and peaty type of Scotch, I would encourage your husband to give it a try. On one longer cruise I drank it almost exclusively. When I ordered it at a bar that didn't have it available they did have it the next time I went in. The bars can accommodate this sort of request quite easily.

On one cruise I tried to get Pernod and Orange Juice as a morning drink and tried all over the ship before I found a bar that had it. The next day it seemed that pretty much every bar had Pernod. They just had to fetch it from stock as it's not commonly ordered.

Agree, Talisker is a nice.peaty Scotch and used to be widely available at all bars. Even it was not available on our September cruise. His favorites also used to be at all bars. They no longer have Languvulin (sp) available either - just Dalwhinie (sp) and Glenn Deveron (sp). They had a very limited selection compared to previous cruises.