Unlimited Starbucks Plan on Bliss

SuzieQ521

Hello,

since my husband and I don’t drink alcohol so much to justify the drink packages, we were thinking about the unlimited Starbucks plan.

I read that you need to really have three drinks a day to get your money’s  worth…But what is everyone’s experience with it?

Is the Starbucks on the Bliss normally very crowded ? Is it convenient to order? I know we both need to purchase the package, but would they let me order multiple drinks at once?

thanks

3 hours ago, SuzieQ521 said:

Hello,

since my husband and I don’t drink alcohol so much to justify the drink packages, we were thinking about the unlimited Starbucks plan.

I read that you need to really have three drinks a day to get your money’s  worth…But what is everyone’s experience with it?

Is the Starbucks on the Bliss normally very crowded ? Is it convenient to order? I know we both need to purchase the package, but would they let me order multiple drinks at once?

thanks

When I was on the Bliss (Feb 2022) the Unlimited Starbucks plan was not a thing, but I did have the Premium Plus beverage package, so here's my experience.  The ship was about 60% capacity.  I'm an early bird so for my initial drink (6:30ish) no line.  When I would circle back around after breakfast (8:30ish) there would sometimes be 3-4 others in line, so maybe a 5 minute wait.  However after day 2 if they noticed me standing in line they would kind of shout out "the usual?" I would nod and then by the time they scanned my card my drink was ready.  

Hope this helps!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

The prices are a little higher than the normal Seattle Starbucks.  We ordered one tea latte and one quad espresso each day.  the daily price was 12.72.  I was allowed to use my Starbucks phone app to pay for drinks so I did get the starbucks points.  it is a real starbucks venue, not a grocery store type.  Hope that helps.

Vicki - on the Bliss November 13

5 hours ago, Jiima said:

The prices are a little higher than the normal Seattle Starbucks.  We ordered one tea latte and one quad espresso each day.  the daily price was 12.72.  I was allowed to use my Starbucks phone app to pay for drinks so I did get the starbucks points.  it is a real starbucks venue, not a grocery store type.  Hope that helps.

Vicki - on the Bliss November 13

That’s great to hear!

On 10/22/2022 at 3:48 PM, SuzieQ521 said:

I know we both need to purchase the package, but would they let me order multiple drinks at once?

I’d love to hear someone’s experience. I assume it is one at a time, but it would be nice to grab two, especially if there is a line. 

Does anybody know what the coffee card costs? Is there a limit on special Starbucks coffees? On Princess it was 15 specials and unlimited fresh brewed. Looking to get 2 in April maybe, not a Starbucks fan but do like my daily latte on vacation. Not big drinkers so will pass on that package.

Thanks

18 hours ago, New2cruise2022 said:

I’d love to hear someone’s experience. I assume it is one at a time, but it would be nice to grab two, especially if there is a line. 

It's 2.  And you can get any size.  

The lines obviously depend on time of day.  On the Sky, it was almost always crowded.  On the Joy, there were two locations and I never had to wait long.  If I recall, there's only one on the Bliss (Deck 6.)  There wasn't a terribly long wait but I was on the ship at 50% capacity.

Edited by phillygwm
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, phillygwm said:

It's 2.  And you can get any size.  

The lines obviously depend on time of day.  On the Sky, it was almost always crowded.  On the Joy, there were two locations and I never had to wait long.  If I recall, there's only one on the Bliss (Deck 6.)  There wasn't a terribly long wait but I was on the ship at 50% capacity.

Thanks! I’m an early rise and a late to bed guy. I’ll find my moments to get it. 

On 10/22/2022 at 2:48 PM, SuzieQ521 said:

Hello,

thanks

We just got off the Bliss and went to Starbucks twice a day. The lines do get long during peak hours but they move through it very fast. Go very early in the morning for no line. The drinks are about $1 more than in our hometown but were made exactly like Starbucks at home. 

Edited by SacCaliCruiser
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, SacCaliCruiser said:

We just got off the Bliss and went to Starbucks twice a day. The lines do get long during peak hours but they move through it very fast. Go very early in the morning for no line. The drinks are about $1 more than in our hometown but were made exactly like Starbucks at home. 

Starbucks is far from my coffee of choice. I do think it often tastes as if the beans were over roasted. That being said, 5 days to give any of Starbucks creations a try without fear of hating it is nice. The unlimited Starbucks for me is a gluttonous luxury. If I bought a drink at Starbucks at home and really didn’t like it, I would either drink it without much enjoyment, or throw it away. I would not however go try something else. On a cruise, with an unlimited plan, I would definitely go back. 

• Like 3

I don't have personal experience, so ignore everything if you'd like. 🙂

In April, on the Getaway, we were on a fully booked (over booked) Easter cruise. The Starbucks line was quite long, typically 15 - 20 people every time we went by the Starbucks in the Atrium. There were typically three to four employees working behind the counter at a time. 

That's my comment, just want you to know it could be a long line, but we that need coffee will do what we need to do. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, cruiseny4life said:

I don't have personal experience, so ignore everything if you'd like. 🙂

In April, on the Getaway, we were on a fully booked (over booked) Easter cruise. The Starbucks line was quite long, typically 15 - 20 people every time we went by the Starbucks in the Atrium. There were typically three to four employees working behind the counter at a time. 

That's my comment, just want you to know it could be a long line, but we that need coffee will do what we need to do. 

I’m up early. And late. I’m not opposed to three or four (five-ish) trips a day. The early ones will likely have little or now wait and will help even out the average for the longer waits later in the day. 😏 ️ 

Or I will happily wait with the masses. Lines don’t bother me. Great time to catch up with people. Especially since I will be enjoying a cruise where my phone doesn’t ring and emails are welcome to pile up without reply. God, I love vacation. 

Edited by New2cruise2022

39 minutes ago, latebloomer56 said:

Not a fan of Starbucks but my son would drink it. I didn't see it offered on the Pearl? Anybody know what it costs?

It is included with the upgraded Premium Plus beverage package, or you can buy a Starbucks unlimited for $13 per person per day. 

Also available a la carte if you aren’t going to be caffeine buzzing all the time. 

9 hours ago, latebloomer56 said:

Not a fan of Starbucks but my son would drink it. I didn't see it offered on the Pearl? Anybody know what it costs?

he will have to be 18 for the "ultimate " NCL all you can drink card 😞  I'm going to have to get 17 1/2 granddaughter a $155 gift card instead ( good on board) 🤷‍♀️

Edited by fox02554

2 hours ago, fox02554 said:

he will have to be 18 for the "ultimate " NCL all you can drink card 😞  I'm going to have to get 17 1/2 granddaughter a $155 gift card instead ( good on board) 🤷‍♀️

Thanks he will be 36 🙂 but think I will go with the gift card route as well.

Thanks for the idea, nice Christmas stocking stuffer.

13 hours ago, latebloomer56 said:

There is an unlimited Starbucks package you could purchase him. It might be cheaper than a gift card, depending on the amount you plan to gift him. It's $12.95 per day of the cruise, plus 20% gratuity, though everyone in the stateroom must purchase the package so perhaps the gift card route is a better choice! 

Here are the terms and conditions: https://www.ncl.com/uk/en/content/all-terms-and-conditions-starbucks-package (I know it's the UK site, can't find T&C's on the US version, but the T&C's match what was discussed in the media rollout of the package) I'm really quite clueless as to why you can't purchase the Starbucks package for someone that is under 18. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cruiseny4life said:

There is an unlimited Starbucks package you could purchase him. It might be cheaper than a gift card, depending on the amount you plan to gift him. It's $12.95 per day of the cruise, plus 20% gratuity, though everyone in the stateroom must purchase the package so perhaps the gift card route is a better choice! 

Here are the terms and conditions: https://www.ncl.com/uk/en/content/all-terms-and-conditions-starbucks-package (I know it's the UK site, can't find T&C's on the US version, but the T&C's match what was discussed in the media rollout of the package) I'm really quite clueless as to why you can't purchase the Starbucks package for someone that is under 18. 

The others don't drink coffee just soda or water. i will wait until on board like last time I don't drink soda so refused to buy a soda card got them all cards on the ship, problem solved.

Thanks for the good info.

• Like 1