New to NCL - questions

54Carol

Downloaded the NCL cruising app.  We have booked our January Panama Canal Cruise.   It will not sign me in.  When I try to go in through the booking number, it only goes up through October.  Am I doing something wrong or can you not get into the app until close to sailing?

Also, will you have to make reservations for shows like Jersey Boys?  or do you just walk in?

Sorry you are having trouble with logging in. Hopefully someone with more experience will chime in after me, however to log into the app I have always used my NCL account info rather than the reservation number. i.e. username and password I use to log in to the website. After that, my booked cruises have already been there. I think the first time I logged in, it may have taken a little bit of time for them to load, but after that they were there. 

As far as booking shows, that will be done onboard. after you embark, there are self-serve terminals throughout the ship that you will want to locate fairly quickly and book your shows. Depending on the sailing they can fill up quickly, however in experience as long as I was open and flexible I have always been able to see everything I wanted. even if I did not reserve them right away.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, 54Carol said:

Downloaded the NCL cruising app.  We have booked our January Panama Canal Cruise.   It will not sign me in.  When I try to go in through the booking number, it only goes up through October.  Am I doing something wrong or can you not get into the app until close to sailing?

Also, will you have to make reservations for shows like Jersey Boys?  or do you just walk in?

On the Bliss last week, the ONLY show that was accepting reservations was for one of the comedy shows.  The rest was all walk-in/first come, first serve.  The ship was not at capacity 2800/4000 - that could be why.  Also - make sure you check the dates of shows.  I did not realize that SIX was only on the first 2 days and I missed out.

• Like 1

jersey boys required a reservation when we were on the bliss to alaska in aug. what specifically are you looking for on the ncl app?  

i find its much easier, to long onto my ncl account. it says check reservation, click summary, and it will give you all the choices you will need, meals, drinks, shows, excursions, etc. 

we had seen jersey boys, many times, but not on a ship. this one almost follows the movie ver batim. 

acoustics were horrible, and we walked out after about 20 minutes. im not telling you not to go, but we were hugely disappointed. if by chance the other show is "6" definitely do not miss that one!

Are you able to get into your account on a regular computer and it's only the app that is giving you trouble? Or are you locked out of both?

Get it working on a regular computer first, you may need to reset the password. Then once you're sure of the login info, go back to the app. 

Much easier to book dinner reservations on a real computer than a phone, don't wait on doing that. But shows need to be done on the ship itself for most of them. Dinner you can do now for the specialty places.

I am logged in on the computer.  When I log in on phone is says my username or password is incorrect.  I click on the "forgot username or password".  Then is asks for my first, last and email.  I fill that in and hit submit.  It doesn't submit because I don't receive an email.  I put in my husband's information and get the same response.

25 minutes ago, 54Carol said:

I am logged in on the computer.  When I log in on phone is says my username or password is incorrect.  I click on the "forgot username or password".  Then is asks for my first, last and email.  I fill that in and hit submit.  It doesn't submit because I don't receive an email.  I put in my husband's information and get the same response.

From NCL website: Technical Support

Our Representatives would be happy to help you with the following:

• Need help with Booking - Can't Find Your Cruise
  • Need help with Booking - Unable to Complete Reservation
  • Need help with Log-In - Invalid Log-In
  • Need help with Log-In - Unable to Retrieve Reservation
  • Need help with Log-In - Unable to Reset Password
  • Logged In - Reservation Not Found
  • Creating an Account - User ID Already Exists
  • Site Freezing
  • Receiving Errors
  • Images/Content Not Loading
  • Phone1.866.625.1160
  • Hours of Operation
    • Mon-Fri: 9am - 6:00pm ET

Thanks all.   I'm logged in.  I was letting my entries be self-populated (I started typing the info and the rest came up and I clicked on it as opposed to finish typing the info).  Once I typed all the info in, it took it.  I appreciate all your responses.