Just booked World Europa.

Stockjock

Unlike some, I find the ship to be pretty interesting.  I've been on several MSC ships that are virtual clones of each other, so it will be interesting to try out a new class of ship with a different layout.  Booked a standard, exterior non-obstructed veranda for 2023.  They offered the Trilogy specialty package for an extra $200, which is about $58 more than I paid last time, but there are 2 new specialty restaurants that I figured would be worth trying.

I was booked on Euribia as mentioned elsewhere, but they switched that sailing to Fantasia so I'll likely switch to World Europa (although both bookings are still active, for now).  I did ask customer service to honor my prior price on Euribia, but I doubt they'll do that.

Here's a brief walkthrough video that some may find interesting.  I like the fact the video is concise, at only about 5 minutes long.
https://youtu.be/y7J-_mB1e3o

Edited by Stockjock
  • Like 1

Interesting looking ship, though I mainly book based on itinerary and not booking the same ship twice. I'm considering Europa for a Mediterranean cruise next year. An Irish travel agent is offering a surprisingly good price but are listing the Premium Extra drinks package at €40 pppd. Is this the MSC price or should I buy onboard? I realise that will mean paying the extra service charge. Ken 

3 hours ago, CruiseIreland said:

Interesting looking ship, though I mainly book based on itinerary and not booking the same ship twice. I'm considering Europa for a Mediterranean cruise next year. An Irish travel agent is offering a surprisingly good price but are listing the Premium Extra drinks package at €40 pppd. Is this the MSC price or should I buy onboard? I realise that will mean paying the extra service charge. Ken 

If you're under a specific promo that includes Easy, or Easy Plus drinks packages, that might to be the upgrade price linked to the special offer, or a special offer itself for a new booking under a certain time frame which would be a great deal these days. Either way; online bookings are exempt from paying the service charge.

On 10/27/2022 at 3:20 AM, Stockjock said:

Unlike some, I find the ship to be pretty interesting.  I've been on several MSC ships that are virtual clones of each other, so it will be interesting to try out a new class of ship with a different layout.  Booked a standard, exterior non-obstructed veranda for 2023.  They offered the Trilogy specialty package for an extra $200, which is about $58 more than I paid last time, but there are 2 new specialty restaurants that I figured would be worth trying.

I was booked on Euribia as mentioned elsewhere, but they switched that sailing to Fantasia so I'll likely switch to World Europa (although both bookings are still active, for now).  I did ask customer service to honor my prior price on Euribia, but I doubt they'll do that.

Here's a brief walkthrough video that some may find interesting.  I like the fact the video is concise, at only about 5 minutes long.
https://youtu.be/y7J-_mB1e3o

Surely: Pro videos are rare for WE to date!... The concept is incredible! Even though the obvious RCI Oasis comparison, I believe this as being an entirely different beast for the better design wise. Let's to see if MSC is ready yet for a beast this caliber she is logistically speaking. I'd give them such an year or an year and a half till I'm comfortable to book, because, I've some doubts about it these days. If successful; I'm in for going on her one day!...

3 hours ago, Nunagoras said:

If you're under a specific promo that includes Easy, or Easy Plus drinks packages, that might to be the upgrade price linked to the special offer, or a special offer itself for a new booking under a certain time frame which would be a great deal these days. Either way; online bookings are exempt from paying the service charge.

Thanks but no, it's not included under a promotion but as an optional extra. I suppose what I'm really asking is 'what is the cost of the Premium Extra drinks package? ' either pre cruise or onboard, if booked direct with MSC. Ken 

15 minutes ago, CruiseIreland said:

Thanks but no, it's not included under a promotion but as an optional extra. I suppose what I'm really asking is 'what is the cost of the Premium Extra drinks package? ' either pre cruise or onboard, if booked direct with MSC. Ken 

Ah, I understand!... I don't know the exact quote. It may be dynamic these days, but €40 pppd for Premium Xtra is quite pleasant these days. Maybe a special bonus offer from TA. According to what I can gather online the current onboard prices are on €60-€65 plus 15% service charge and possible plus Spanish VAT, so a nice quote.

37 minutes ago, CruiseIreland said:

I checked my World Europa booking and while I have Easy Plus included, there is no option just yet to add the premium package or upgrade to premium.

However, I have another 7 night booking soon, and on that one, upgrading to premium from Easy Plus is $140 per person, and adding it outright if one didn't already have a package is $497 per person.

Something unrelated to your question is that I cannot add dining packages on any of my 3 active bookings.  I did add Trilogy at $100 per person on the World Europa sailing, but it was only offered at the time of booking.  While Trilogy on my recent Grandiosa sailing was cheaper at $71 per person, I thought the fact that World Europa has 2 new specialty restaurants might make it worthwhile.

Edited by Stockjock

Well, I managed to find the pricing by searching G, not from the MSC website. The Premium Extra package is priced at €62 pppd in the Mediterranean. I reckon a basic package is included with the TA offer, as you suggested,  Nunagoras. Many thanks,  Ken.