Silly medallion app question re room service

Fa-Li

I've been watching a bunch of Tik Toks lately that tag Enchanted Princess.  They make it look like if you're on your balcony and order a drink, a server will show up with that drink and hand it to you while you lounge.  I'm fairly certain that they do not actually let themselves into the cabin and deliver the drink to the balcony, correct?

And assuming they have to knock and you have to answer,  how have your experiences been with delivery times? We will be in an aft cabin with a nice balcony that I am imagining I will be spending a good bit of time on.  So if I suddenly "need" a margarita, do I order it and then go sit in the cabin until it shows up? Is there a way to track the progress, kind of like with Amazon's "your package is three stops away" ?

These are the silly things I think about when my cruise is still a few months away and all the real planning is done🤪  But I really would be interested in how people have utilized this newish service.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Fa-Li said:

I've been watching a bunch of Tik Toks lately that tag Enchanted Princess.  They make it look like if you're on your balcony and order a drink, a server will show up with that drink and hand it to you while you lounge.  I'm fairly certain that they do not actually let themselves into the cabin and deliver the drink to the balcony, correct?

And assuming they have to knock and you have to answer,  how have your experiences been with delivery times? We will be in an aft cabin with a nice balcony that I am imagining I will be spending a good bit of time on.  So if I suddenly "need" a margarita, do I order it and then go sit in the cabin until it shows up? Is there a way to track the progress, kind of like with Amazon's "your package is three stops away" ?

These are the silly things I think about when my cruise is still a few months away and all the real planning is done🤪  But I really would be interested in how people have utilized this newish service.

Room service will not enter your room.  They will knock and you will have to open the door.  They won't even knock if you have the Do Not Disturb on the door.  Wait times are around 15-30 mins depending on demand.  The app will tell you when your order is on the way, but you can't track it to the door. 

We loved this process - it has made us total Princess fans!  Had specialty coffee delivered in the morning, snacks whenever and beverages all day long.  We would also order additional bottles of water when placing an order, so we would have them available throughout the day. 

Now you do have to open the door, but that isn't much of a hardship.  The app does tell you when your order is en route - which gives you more than sufficient time to get from your balcony to the door 🙂 

Service was typically quick - no more than 10 minutes for most items - a bit more for busier times (ie. lunch).  If there was a delay or a problem (ie. ran out of a certain type of alcohol), they would call to advise.  We found that we enjoyed more time in our cabin because all the good stuff was brought right to us.

It was also handy for delivery to other areas of the ship - lunch and beverages delivered while playing bingo!  We never had to wait for service at a bar or try and track down wait staff.

You will love it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Graycruise said:

We loved this process - it has made us total Princess fans!  Had specialty coffee delivered in the morning, snacks whenever and beverages all day long.  We would also order additional bottles of water when placing an order, so we would have them available throughout the day. 

Now you do have to open the door, but that isn't much of a hardship.  The app does tell you when your order is en route - which gives you more than sufficient time to get from your balcony to the door 🙂 

Service was typically quick - no more than 10 minutes for most items - a bit more for busier times (ie. lunch).  If there was a delay or a problem (ie. ran out of a certain type of alcohol), they would call to advise.  We found that we enjoyed more time in our cabin because all the good stuff was brought right to us.

It was also handy for delivery to other areas of the ship - lunch and beverages delivered while playing bingo!  We never had to wait for service at a bar or try and track down wait staff.

You will love it.

Thank you! Your experience is exactly what I'm hoping for!

And what a smart idea about the water.  We will definitely copy you on that!