San Francisco-Luggage Storage

jack dcruiser

2 hours ago, jack dcruiser said:

We have a cruise in May 2023 R/T from San Francisco.  The best flights home are at around 10PM.  Is there a place to store our luggage until we can go to the airport?

Not really. If you have elite status with a hotel chain (Hilton, Marriott, Hyatt, etc) in the past I've asked the bellmen at a convenient location to store my bags for me and I've tipped them generously.

42 minutes ago, scottca075 said:

Not really. If you have elite status with a hotel chain (Hilton, Marriott, Hyatt, etc) in the past I've asked the bellmen at a convenient location to store my bags for me and I've tipped them generously.

Good suggestion-- really works at any 4 or 5 star hotel if you are going to patronize them in some way (lunch, dinner, or even drinks). Just say you are going to the restaurant and tip well. Usually totally fine-- same as checking your coat at a restaurant. 

I've done this at the Fairmont for drinks at The Tonga Room ahead of heading to SFO and they were happy to do it. 

• Like 1

On 10/28/2022 at 5:16 PM, scottca075 said:

How many of these have you used?

Since I live very close to San Francisco, I have not used any here. But I use this type of service in many ports, they work out very well. Read reviews, of course!

I've seen Bounce mentioned a few times. I do know of a Union Square hotel in SF, The Chancellor, pre-pandemic and the General Manager was kind enough to let non-guests use their baggage storage. And the advice from others was to tip the bellman well.

On 11/7/2022 at 8:40 AM, IBookHePays said:

I love your name!!!!