Viking's Silver Spirits Beverage Package

mort&fran

11 minutes ago, mort&fran said:

Does anyone happen to know if it's customary to leave a tip when ordering a cocktail or beer when you have purchased this package?

Uh, no. Not customary. A few here have said they tip restaurant/bar staff on occasion, but we never do—only our room stewards at the end of the cruise. Lots of threads on CC have discussed this ad nauseum. You might search the Viking boards for “tipping” and see the conversations.

We have occasionally given a cash gratuity to someone in the Living Room Bar or the Explorers Lounge, but that is for someone who learns our names and remembers our drinks and we see often.  

No, we should not be tipping per drink or per visit.

We generally end up with 3 or 4 people on the ship that we will tip mid-cruise or at the end because of outstanding service.

I experienced a housekeeper staff in the Living Room that started a conversation with me when I was waiting to speak with a Guest Service agent.  She asked my name, and almost every day I saw her after that and she always greeted me by name and asked how my day was.  I gave her a tip a couple days before the cruise ended and thanked her for her pleasantness.  This to me is a real Viking trait of customer service.

• Like 7

23 hours ago, mort&fran said:

Does anyone happen to know if it's customary to leave a tip when ordering a cocktail or beer when you have purchased this package?

No, some tip at the end of the cruise, but not per order