Cake station hours on Carnival?

DAllenTCY

5 hours ago, mouche said:

These were from the Sunshine back in 2020, our Mardi Gras cruise on 10-15-22 the cakes were not like these and were not as good.

4301C15E-8FF3-4BF4-8603-B2756613C8D9.jpeg

3BD245F9-EF6B-4F4F-8981-51DD7642562F.jpeg

B1A5CCF2-B307-42D8-96CD-CA7FFB04B8A7.jpeg

The wife and I were on the MG 9-11 till 9-20 for an 7 seven day E. Carribean cruise and the 'rock star' desert was ,of course, gelato. We were in the Marketplace buffet for lunch the 1st full sail day and people was acting crazy. There were a dozen people waiting in line at the desert table for nothing BUT gelato. One person upon receiving his cup with one scoop of it all but gobbled it down and while still in line begged for another scoop. I thought, Wow, it's good ( I had never had it till I tried it earlier, becuse everybody made such a fuss over it). You right about the cakes,while they were good not quite as good as the 5 cake station some of the other Carnival ships have. Seemed to me they have the cakes, as a whole, are just standard while gelato's the BIG star. (IMO)

Mac

2 minutes ago, LibratPDX said:

They seemed to have discontinued my favorite, a very rich chocolate cake that had honeycomb candy on top 😞  

Wait, WHAT!??!?!?! I had that in May on Vista and it is the best dessert I have ever had.  If it's discontinued I will be heartbroken

1 minute ago, talkorpi said:

Wait, WHAT!??!?!?! I had that in May on Vista and it is the best dessert I have ever had.  If it's discontinued I will be heartbroken

I swear on my last few cruises I looked every day and didn't find it.  I might have missed a day?  But in the past it was always out on the second day.....I'm glad someone else remembers it and it wasn't just a dream!  

Omg!   I’m gonna be on the Radiance and hope they have the funfetti and the key lime pie and the apply butter crumble and the carrot cake!   

doe the carrot cake have raisins?   Not a fan!

yum yum yum!

52 minutes ago, LibratPDX said:

I swear on my last few cruises I looked every day and didn't find it.  I might have missed a day?  But in the past it was always out on the second day.....I'm glad someone else remembers it and it wasn't just a dream!  

It wasn't a dream (if so, then we both had it) because I saw it on the MG cruise I mentioned above. But I didn't try it (guess I made a boo boo,huh) When I read the small sign that said 'Chocolate honeycomb' my teeth started to melt, I thought, 'Noo No, Chocolate AND Honey ? wayyyyyyyyyy to rich for meee' and I skipped it, sorry now. I usually, at least, will take a thin slice, just to try it. IF, I ever see it again that's what I'll do.

Mac

• Like 2

On 10/29/2022 at 7:19 PM, luvcruzing said:

It’s been interesting reading all these posts.  It wasn’t that long ago that many people were complaining that the cakes tasted like sawdust, which is why I didn’t have any on my last cruise. Guess I’ll have to make up for it on my next cruise next week. 😋

Same! I've stayed away from the cakes too. 

45 minutes ago, SmoothFlying said:

It wasn't a dream (if so, then we both had it) because I saw it on the MG cruise I mentioned above. But I didn't try it (guess I made a boo boo,huh) When I read the small sign that said 'Chocolate honeycomb' my teeth started to melt, I thought, 'Noo No, Chocolate AND Honey ? wayyyyyyyyyy to rich for meee' and I skipped it, sorry now. I usually, at least, will take a thin slice, just to try it. IF, I ever see it again that's what I'll do.

I made a mistake here soooo sorry. It was NOT the Mardi gras cruise where I saw the Chocolate-Honeycomb cake . It was our last cruise (10 Alaskan cruise out if SFO on the Miracle) last August Once again, so sorry.

Mac

• Like 1