Panama Canal Cruise - Tours for those w/Mobility Issues

boltnut55

We will be on a Panama Canal cruise in December, and my mother-in-law will be 89 in January.  She walks with a cane but can't walk a long way (I added this because I've seen older people using a cane and completing half marathons!).  We are considering the Hop on, Hop Off, Walking Tour in Cartegena but wonder if it'd be too much for her.  The info provided does talk about the streets being difficult to walk on, but I don't know if that is a generic warning or not. Also not sure if others have taken this... I think she can stay on the bus the entire time?  And maybe she can get off if it's a stop that's not too much walking and then wait for the next bus?  Just trying to figure out whether there is some hope of an excursion or if we'll be on the ship all the time.  Thank you.

Our ports:

- Cartegena

- Panama City

- Puerto Quetzel

- Acapulco - I hear safety might be an issue, so I'm okay w/not touring but open to hearing suggestions.

- Puerto Vallarta - I remember walking to the Malecon but doubt she can walk that far and not sure about taking a taxi (feeling more vulnerable as I get older)

- Cabo:  once we get off the ship, are there stores/restaurants we can go to?  or do we need to walk a while?  I can't remember