Are the Oasis class ships TOO big??

We have sailed many times with Royal on various class ships. In September we went on our first Oasis class ship, Allure. Last week we were on Adventure, not our first Voyager class sailing. We were bored and underwhelmed by Adventure, particularly its dining options. Allure spoiled us. We hope to stick with Oasis class and Quantum class in the future.

BTW, we waited longer for elevators on Adventure than we ever did on Allure. 

13 hours ago, notscb said:

there's no amount of money you could pay me to be around that many screaming children.

I have to laugh, although everyone's experience is different, the most screaming children we have ever encountered were on smaller ships.  I'll never forget the Quinceaneras on Voyager!  Those kids were everywhere making a complete nuisance of themselves.  And they were old enough to know better!  We have never experienced anything like you describe on any O class and we have sailed all of them but Harmony.  I feel like RCCL has addressed just those problems on ICON having relegated most children to the aft in Boardwalk.  We'll never even go to that part of the ship.

In fact, the only crowding issues we encountered on any ship, any line is when the shows let out and the elevator bays at that end of the ship are a madhouse.  But that has nothing whatever to do with the size of the ship. We just wait a while till the theaters clear out before trying to get out or take the stairs.   You can only get so many cows into the shoots at a time! LOL.  And ICON has twice the elevators in both bays, 8 forward and 12!!! centrum.