Mr. Sanchos vs Paradise Beach vs Chankanaab

CruiserLRN12

I am 33 and my SO is 44. I have already booked Mr. Sanchos VIP for 2 for $240 - includes cabana and a massage for both. Plus cost of taxi there and back. I just recently looked into Paradise Beach where you can ask for a complimentary cabana (we are sailing Nov 17-21). Total cost would be $118 plus taxi there and back. Royal Caribbean has the Chankanaab Day Pass with Lunch and Drinks for $105.98.  I've been to Mr. Sanchos before but not the others. Why I decided to look into other excursions after booking Mr. Sachos - not sure lol. I'd like a massage but not necessarily a deal breaker. SO wants to snorkel and kayak - all that stuff. Looking for opinions on what to do and experiences at these places. 

1 minute ago, CruiserLRN12 said:

I am 33 and my SO is 44. I have already booked Mr. Sanchos VIP for 2 for $240 - includes cabana and a massage for both. Plus cost of taxi there and back. I just recently looked into Paradise Beach where you can ask for a complimentary cabana (we are sailing Nov 17-21). Total cost would be $118 plus taxi there and back. Royal Caribbean has the Chankanaab Day Pass with Lunch and Drinks for $105.98.  I've been to Mr. Sanchos before but not the others. Why I decided to look into other excursions after booking Mr. Sachos - not sure lol. I'd like a massage but not necessarily a deal breaker. SO wants to snorkel and kayak - all that stuff. Looking for opinions on what to do and experiences at these places. 

Snorkeling will be best at Chankanaab unless you take a boat snorkel at the other two,  but not sure there are kayaks at Chankanaab.

11 hours ago, Liljo22 said:

If you are thinking about going to Chankanaab, pay a little extra for a cabana at Cabana Beach.  You get full use of Chankanaab and it includes snorkeling gear.  

https://thecabanabeach.com

If we purchase that, is there a way to purchase all inclusive food and drinks online too? Wondering how much that add on is on top of the cabana 

2 hours ago, CruiserLRN12 said:

If we purchase that, is there a way to purchase all inclusive food and drinks online too? Wondering how much that add on is on top of the cabana 

I think they may have offered that option when they first opened (just before Covid) but the rates were much higher then.

It would be best if you emailed and asked directly if that option is available. They have answered my emails previously. The rates are slowly creeping back up - they had very low rates last summer.

2 hours ago, ningyifan09 said:

Is there a necessity to purchase the ticket for Chankanaab in advance online or is it totally ok to purchase the ticket onsite? 

Totally OK to pay onsite and look for $2 pp discount coupon.

23 hours ago, c-leg5 said:

Totally OK to pay onsite and look for $2 pp discount coupon.

Thanks for your reply. 

Does anyone know if 6 years old can do the snorkeling there? 

How is the lunch buffet in the park? Besides the lunch buffet provided in the ticket, are there any food options inside? 

1 hour ago, ningyifan09 said:

Thanks for your reply. 

Does anyone know if 6 years old can do the snorkeling there? 

How is the lunch buffet in the park? Besides the lunch buffet provided in the ticket, are there any food options inside? 

It has been a few years since we took our Grandson. I think he was slightly older than 6 and he didn’t snorkel much but he had already done the dolphins and manatees. He mainly swam in the pool.There is a small sandy cove where you can  enter directly - the official snorkeling area is accessed  via steps in a rocky area and you would need to assess the child’s swimming ability and currents on the day.

My daughter and grandson had included buffet, which seemed adequate, and transport with their dolphin excursion through the ship. My husband and I took an independent taxi and paid for our entrance with a coupon like you have printed. There are a couple of alternative beach bars and cafes i think. We just did PAYG at the beach above the snorkeling area where we had a palapa. Bars and restaurants are marked on the park map on their website.

We are actually planning to return to Chankanaab in the near future but have purchased the ship pass with lunch. We rarely do ship excursions, especially in Cozumel which we know so well but the excursion was on sale and was more economical since it included lunch and transport.

1 hour ago, ningyifan09 said:

image.png.fcda9c1497842b81df759d9c298a82c2.png

So just printing this coupon will be ok?  

10 hours ago, c-leg5 said:

It has been a few years since we took our Grandson. I think he was slightly older than 6 and he didn’t snorkel much but he had already done the dolphins and manatees. He mainly swam in the pool.There is a small sandy cove where you can  enter directly - the official snorkeling area is accessed  via steps in a rocky area and you would need to assess the child’s swimming ability and currents on the day.

My daughter and grandson had included buffet, which seemed adequate, and transport with their dolphin excursion through the ship. My husband and I took an independent taxi and paid for our entrance with a coupon like you have printed. There are a couple of alternative beach bars and cafes i think. We just did PAYG at the beach above the snorkeling area where we had a palapa. Bars and restaurants are marked on the park map on their website.

We are actually planning to return to Chankanaab in the near future but have purchased the ship pass with lunch. We rarely do ship excursions, especially in Cozumel which we know so well but the excursion was on sale and was more economical since it included lunch and transport.

Thanks so much for all the info. it's very helpful. 

• 4 weeks later...

Cabana beach looks like $95 for up to 6 people now, and you have to pay an additional $13 for a ticket into Chankanaab. Last April it was $80 with $10 admission tickets to Chankanaab. Before covid, I've seen posts that it was $200-300. With the cabana, you get snorkeling gear, towels, a fruit plate and we got water but now it says guacamole. There are hammocks but no kayaks. Not sure Cozumel is the best place to do recreational kayaking due to current.