Wine tasting- first sea day?

vegasdriven

Planning to attend as per expert advice from regulars. Wondering just how it works- do you sign up for it, or just show up at 10:00? 
Also do you need to be there right at 10:00, or is it something more informal, and you go say anytime between 10 and 10:30?

There is no need to sign up, you just show up when you want. It is totally informal, you just wander around to the different tables and ask for the wines you are interested in. No need to be there as they open. On our last cruise on Splendor, they had it a little later, 10:30 or 10:45.

Please do not confuse this with the Connoisseur Wine Tasting Lunch...Where you absolutely DO need advance reservations, they only have a limited number of spaces/tables for guests, and there is an extra charge for it.  The CWTL is not "complimentary".  Regards.

• Like 1

In May on the Mariner, Regent had a printed program for the complimentary wine tasting that listed the wines.  I made some notes on the program of my thoughts about the wines I tasted.  I used the list often during the cruise to choose wines.  My preferred wines from the tasting were invariably available at all the restaurants for asking, though occasionally a waiter might have to get the wine from another venue.

We often trie wines recommended on the menu or by the sommelier each evening, but regularly would revert to something we preferred from the list of the wine tasting.

• Like 2