How many pairs of shoes do you take on a cruise?

Sigyn

I take three also, sandal ,sneakers, water shoes.

Funny story

My mom ,sister and I. went on a cruise then I had about five pairs sister also. Mom I just Takeing one pair.

Ok no problen, well day one on ship she had a blow out of her nice sandals. Couldnt wear went down to desk and they had ship people look at them. They tryed to glue nope didnt work. they duct tape and it wasnt pretty,(funny yes) but not pretty. My sister both have size 6 shoe mom was a 8. so she clipped cloo[ed on ship till port and then had to go buy shoes. 

Yes it but smile on some faces.

I think you cant have too many shoes if your a women

On 11/4/2022 at 6:33 AM, evandbob said:

2 but I'm a guy.  I can get away with just 1 pair.

Add 1 more if you throw in water shoes.

Guy here also; 1 pair of casual / comfy shoes for everyday wear around the ship (that look ok with a pair of dockers for 'dress' purposes), and a pair of heavier-duty 'hiking'/'walking' shoes for shore outings.  I wear the heavier duty pair on the plane to keep luggage space under control. Oh - and a pair of slippers for in-room only use. 

Edited by Steerpike58

On 11/4/2022 at 9:17 AM, njsmom said:

I have been on three cruises. I always take too many shoes, about 5-6 pairs. How many pairs do you take?

I don't pack any. I wear a pair of walking shoes and use those everywhere. I'm a guy, so it's acceptable for me to do this.

Now to read the rest of these replies... 🍿🍿

• Haha 1

Same-5 or 6 and feel like it's too much. I use them all, but do I need to? I usually take:

• Comfy flip flops to throw on around the ship
  • Athletic shoes for hiking/heavy walking excursions.
  • Comfy sandals for wandering around towns (e.g., less than 1.5 miles walking all day, on paved roads/streets)
  • Toms or Converse-they are a nice option for when I'm doing a "moderate" around town/unpredictable amount of walking
  • Dressier sandals for dinner..I really try to narrow this down to one pair that matches everything
  • Water shoes, if my excursions might benefit from them
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Honolulu Blue said:

I don't pack any. I wear a pair of walking shoes and use those everywhere. I'm a guy, so it's acceptable for me to do this.

Now to read the rest of these replies... 🍿🍿

I would worry just a bit about having 1 pair only and getting them soaked!  We had some heavy rain in Dubrovnik but weren't going to miss the town, so we walked for hours in the rain.  As soon as we got back to the ship I changed into my 'other' pair, and left the first pair to dry overnight (heated bathroom floor helped!). 

1 hour ago, Steerpike58 said:

I would worry just a bit about having 1 pair only and getting them soaked!  We had some heavy rain in Dubrovnik but weren't going to miss the town, so we walked for hours in the rain.  As soon as we got back to the ship I changed into my 'other' pair, and left the first pair to dry overnight (heated bathroom floor helped!). 

Thanks for sharing your story. It's a legit concern, to which I do two things:

1) I try not to put me or my shoes in a situation where they're likely to get soaked, and

2) I try to bring shoes that would resist water enough to not get soaked

So far I've done OK with both, knock on wood. I had to go through a shower and some puddles returning to the ship this morning. My socks didn't even get wet.