Black Friday any news on a sale

zippy222

1 hour ago, Hutcha said:

But the terms do say "2 extra nights". Is it a typo?

no.  It's now one extra on top of the extra already being offered for the insiders offer.  So that is how they come up with 2.  So for these sailing, you'd get 3 points per night (the 1 standard point plus 2 extras for the insider offer).  If you're in a suite, you'd get 4 points per night since suites get an extra point also

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, dbrown84 said:

no.  It's now one extra on top of the extra already being offered for the insiders offer.  So that is how they come up with 2.  So for these sailing, you'd get 3 points per night (the 1 standard point plus 2 extras for the insider offer).  If you're in a suite, you'd get 4 points per night since suites get an extra point also

So, are you saying that if I booked prior to this offering, I'm getting 2 points per night? Where can I see that?

Just now, Hutcha said:

So, are you saying that if I booked prior to this offering, I'm getting 2 points per night? Where can I see that?

I can't point you to anything written, but all insider offers get an extra point per night.  It's a benefit of the latitudes program.  You can search for the latitudes benefits.  I'm responding on my phone right now, but I'm sure I can dig up the link to latitudes benefits when I get to a PC

4 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

It's on your NCL invoice under promo codes.  

Latitude = 1 bonus point

Latdblx = 2 bonus points

Awesome. Thank you both for the help. I've never gotten additional nights when cruising, so, I wasn't sure  why it sounded like it was just a given that I was already getting 3 points per night on my Haven booking. I do have the Latitude code. I will see if I can get it changed to the Latdblx.

Thanks again.

21 minutes ago, Hutcha said:

Awesome. Thank you both for the help. I've never gotten additional nights when cruising, so, I wasn't sure  why it sounded like it was just a given that I was already getting 3 points per night on my Haven booking. I do have the Latitude code. I will see if I can get it changed to the Latdblx.

Thanks again.

no problem.  If your sailing is eligible for the double up, you'll actually get 4 points per night because you're also getting an extra point for being in the Haven

18 hours ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Update on double bonus points offer.  I've been on the phone a couple times today with NCL.  My understanding at this point.  The double bonus point offer can NOT be retroactively applied to an existing reservation number.  The only way to accomplish the desired end result is to completely cancel the existing reservation and create an entirely new reservation.  Obviously, it is desirable that the price remains the same and similar rooms can be booked.  So far, I have done this on three 2023 sailings.  No step back in room choices.  No price increases.  Just earning one additional Latitudes point per night.  Does it take some time?  Yeah, but I have plenty of that and it's pretty painless to sit here at my desk and work through it.  We don't really need the points but it will help DD get to Saphire much sooner.  I think that will buy her an extra 5% off Shorex (i.e. $$$) and a few things that really aren't worth much.  YMMV.

Thank you for posting your experience.  I called this morning was able to keep my reservation and get the extra point.

1 hour ago, Hutcha said:

Thanks again.

We originally booked with the one extra point which will give us three a night since we will be in a Haven suite.   I called this morning and after going back and forth a few times with the agent keep putting me on hold, I was able to get the additional point.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vacation44 said:

I called this morning and after going back and forth a few times with the agent keep putting me on hold, I was able to get the additional point. 

That's what they told me as well, until I checked the new invoice they sent me.  Have you verified that you now have an invoice that includes LATDBLX?  Thanks.

Just spoke to my pcc and she said NCL is really stressing a Black Friday sale is coming, much more that just normal press about upcoming sales. But no indication about what or when - could be nothing, could be a 1-day sale, anything is possible. So stay tuned, you never know.

34 minutes ago, julig22 said:

Just spoke to my pcc and she said NCL is really stressing a Black Friday sale is coming, much more that just normal press about upcoming sales. But no indication about what or when - could be nothing, could be a 1-day sale, anything is possible. So stay tuned, you never know.

One of the reasons I price check every morning!

11 minutes ago, vacation44 said:

Yes, I looked after you posted the codes before.

Thx.  This is a YMMV situation.  I have one cruise that I don't wish to create an entirely new reservation due to room assignment.  On two different days now an agent has tried to change the promo on the existing reservation.  Twice they have told me that they were successful.  Yet, the new invoice still just lists LATITUDE and not LATDBLX.  It's only seven points, so not a big deal.  I'll find out after the cruise how much I really earned, but I'm pretty sure it will just be one bonus point.

NCL still hasn't updated the website with the double points promo, but thanks to this posting, we all know that it's double points right now on the insider's offer.  But what I just discovered is that there are also additional cruises available.  I just happened to be logged in when I was searching for cruises for December, 2023.  I noticed that those cruises was showing the past guest promo.  If you search for the eligible cruises based on what is shown on the past guest section of the website, the eligible cruises stop in October.  I'm going to make platinum after my March cruise, so points won't mean as much to me at that point, but it's a 12 day cruise I'm looking to book next December so 36 points would still be a nice haul.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, laudergayle said:

I noticed today that the $500 cruise first carts are back!

Of course, right after I booked my March cruise.  I'll probably still get one or two to have in my account.  $500 cruise first is better than two $250 cruise next because you don't have to wait for a double up promo 

• Like 1