Advice needed: handicap transport service San Diego cruise terminal to San Pedro terminal (same day)

seattleslew

I think this is possible but how do I do it?  Disembark Holland at 7am in San Diego and embark Princess in San Pedro at 4pm the same day ... while needing a ramp van to transport two people, luggage and our POWER CHAIR (not a scooter) up there, approx 120 miles away.   We used to use a wonderful private ramp van guy but Covid destroyed his business.   I would prefer not to break the chair down because it requires kneeling on the ground, but it could be done if a van or sedan trunk was large enough.  Remember, there's lots of luggage plus the driver and us.  You guys are great with advice and I'm sure someone has done this --- help!  And yes, we realize that disembarkation won't really happen at 7am.  I have posted this in Disabled Travel as well.

I’ve asked a friend who lives in San Diego and is a full-time wheelchair user for suggestions. She goes to Disney fairly often, so has good knowledge of transportation options.

She’s online quite a bit, so it shouldn’t be too long, if she has any leads.

It’s a bit of a hike- a couple of hour drive. One alternative, not from my friend, (I haven’t heard from her)  is the train. 

see https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g32655-i2013-k3270640-San_Diego_to_San_Pedro_Cruise_Terminal-Los_Angeles_California.html

I figure since TripAdvisor is CC’s parent, it’s an OK link.

We found some thing that UBER & LYFT  may have  .It is called  "AWW Mobility Works  ,There is a form to fill in & send on line .  Also Phone numbers  rentals is 1-877-275-4915   . Service is 1-977-275-4912

We  just sent a message to them  November 8 ,2022 for pick ip with a cooter  we take for the ship  luggage for 2 people  about a 35 minute ride . Expecting answer between  10 am to Noon   November 8th   .When we get it will post it 

They do show vans with wheel chair /scooter type availability  ,so it is promising 

Edited by mcrcruiser