SDP in Wasabi

CielG22

My friend and myself are currently trying to work out which speciality restaurants we want to eat at on our cruise next August. We're looking at Wasabi, but I'm not sure how it works with the SDP. Is a single order of sashimi classed as one entree or would we be allowed to order sashimi and yakitori?

I'd be grateful for any advice as I'm just feeling confused by it.

Which ship?  We were on the Pearl last month, they happily allowed us to use dining credits at the sushi bar.  1 credit = 4 sushi rolls. That was plenty enough for us to split & be perfectly happy, so we ended up eating there twice to use up the 2nd dining credit.  They also brought us miso soup & seaweed salad & stuff, which probably should have been upcharged, but they didn't actually charge us anything.  

tl;dr: yes, you can use dining credits at the sushi bar & eat well 

5 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

The SDP terms and conditions are your friend. It appears you're in the UK, so you may want to access them from the UK's website. 

The UK website version of the T&Cs don't cover my friend's question about Le Bistro and asking if they can have one of the salads (ordered as a starter) served with their main course because they may not be able to eat the sides served with that main course and the menu we're looking at doesn't say anything about being able to change a side (potatoes for other veg).

24 minutes ago, CielG22 said:

The UK website version of the T&Cs don't cover my friend's question about Le Bistro and asking if they can have one of the salads (ordered as a starter) served with their main course because they may not be able to eat the sides served with that main course and the menu we're looking at doesn't say anything about being able to change a side (potatoes for other veg).

Well, if the UK terms are anything like the US terms, you can order as many appetizers, salads, soups, sides and desserts as you'd like. If the server tells you you'll be charged, just ignore the server. You won't be charged. 

A server attempted to tell me I could not have a salad, in place of a side, back in April. I ignored him, got the salad and was fine. In September, I ordered multiple appetizers and was not charged, despite the server claiming I would be. 

If the question is, will the server bring a salad at main course happy time, instead of at salad time, then yes, they will. 

Also, if your friend would like, they can switch out the sides offered with a certain main course for other sides that are more in line with their preferences/allergies.

28 minutes ago, CielG22 said:

We have a friend that we travel with that only wants potatoes as a side.  He always requests the listed sides to be substituted for potatoes.  It's never been a problem, so it would make sense that they would do the opposite.  

3 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

Well, if the UK terms are anything like the US terms, you can order as many appetizers, salads, soups, sides and desserts as you'd like. If the server tells you you'll be charged, just ignore the server. You won't be charged. 

A server attempted to tell me I could not have a salad, in place of a side, back in April. I ignored him, got the salad and was fine. In September, I ordered multiple appetizers and was not charged, despite the server claiming I would be. 

If the question is, will the server bring a salad at main course happy time, instead of at salad time, then yes, they will. 

Also, if your friend would like, they can switch out the sides offered with a certain main course for other sides that are more in line with their preferences/allergies.

1 minute ago, MNcruisingcouple said:

We have a friend that we travel with that only wants potatoes as a side.  He always requests the listed sides to be substituted for potatoes.  It's never been a problem, so it would make sense that they would do the opposite.  

That's great for my friend. They're hoping that their current health issue clears up before we go away and they can eat what they want, but it's good to know that, if they can't we can swap potatoes for veg.