Nov 9 Port Everglades sailings

CafeBruno

We are on the Rotterdam 11 day sailing that was supposed to leave Nov. 9, and I just got an email from HAL on the status. It includes an attachment that is supposed to be the revised itinerary; it says that we will now be boarding on Thursday, beginning at 2 pm. However although the attachment says the Rotterdam at the top of the page, the body of the message refers to boarding the Eurodam. So obviously whoever is supposed to proofread the document screwed up. Also, it includes a day by day itinerary that is unchanged, i.e. its the original 11 day itinerary showing us leaving on Wednesday the 9th instead of the new (apparently) embark date of Thursday Nov. 10. 

I completely understand the need to change things due to the weather and other factors outside of HAL;s control. But HAL's documentation is under their control and there's no good excuse for failing to properly proofread tan important message like this before sending it to thousands of affected passengers. So frustrating! HAL could you please correct this and tell us the new itinerary as soon as possible? 

• Like 1

I'm sure they are scrambling due to this very serious weather. I was due to work debark and embark tomorrow and haven't heard anything yet. Again, I'm sure they are scrambling. That's a lot of passengers and employees to have to reschedule. Hopefully everything will go smoothly, everyone will be safe and you will have a wonderful time on your cruise. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

No doubt they are scrambling and I understand that, but still, sending out something that raises more questions than answers only worsens the situation and takes more time for HAL to clear up what should have been clearer the first time. 

Here's some of the the text: 

"Please be advised that Port Everglades is closed due to TS Nicole and embarkation for your Eurodam cruise (we are on the Rotterdam, not Eurodam) will be delayed. Embarcation will now take place one day later and wil begin boarding no earlier than 2 pm on Thursday, Nov. 10. If you are flying into Fort Lauderdale and can delay your flights, we recommend you arrive no later than 7 pm on Thursday Nov. 10..."

So again, at the top of the page it correctly showed us on the Rotterdam, but in the body it refers to the Eurodam. Does than mean we are switched from the R to the E? Or is the body above in error, and we are really staying on the Rotterdam? So frustrating, and again it could have been avoided had the message been more clearly written. 

And if they are advising people's flights arrive no later than Thursday at 7 pm, does that mean we are not leaving port until say 11 pm? Who knows, since the day by day itinerary in the same attachment shows the same original 11 day itinerary leaving Wednesday.

Help us out here, HAL!! 

• Like 1

NOBODY knows exactly when the storm will arrive and how long it will keep the port closed.  Would you really prefer that they just say nothing until the port is actually open and they have an exact plan. 

Roy

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

We had this cruise booked and cancelled yesterday when they announced the hurricane warning. Thank God for platinum insurance! Since we live in Idaho, we didn't want to get stuck all the way in Florida. From what we've been reading on the weather channel, etc., Thursday 2 p.m. seems pretty optimistic? Also, does anyone know if passengers will be credited for the 1-2-3? days the cruise will miss?