Suggestions for new ports in Queensland

North Queensland Bulk Ports Corporation Limited is responsible for the ports of Abbot Point,  Mackay,  Hay Point and Weipa.  Would any of these ports be suitable to share with cruise ships?

In my youth, Mackay was the hub for tourism in the Whitsundays.  Planes flew to Mackay (not Proserpine), small boats left for fishing charters, the island resorts and the Great Barrier Reef.  Mackay has half a dozen beaches from which to choose.  Mackay has a beautiful hinterland, Eungella National Park.  I saw my first platypus in the wild there.  Just 20 kilometres north of Mackay lies the beautiful Hibiscus Coast, which includes Seaforth, Halliday Bay, Ball Bay, and Cape Hillsborough. 100 kms north of Mackay is the Whitsundays,

And that is just one Queensland coastal town, 

I think coal is king at Mackay. So it's hard to see how a cruise ship could get a look in when bulk coal vessels are lined up waiting to be loaded.

It seems to me that Nhulunbuy might be a better bet, even if it is in the NT. The town is struggling and maybe they could put some pressure on Rio Tinto to allow in some cruise ships.