Viking star classic Panama quasi live

knoxclone

2 hours ago, Gaz-n-Mindy said:

We actually had signed up for the Belize snorkel excursion, but Mindy was thinking about how well they would disinfect the gear and cancelled it. I told her we could take our own mask and snorkel and use their fins, but she was more keen on not. 

You know, Gaz, I hadn't even thought about that.  Maybe I should have.

We did 2 Viking snorkel trips since COVID - Bermuda and St.Martin.    Very popular.  They were both quite nice and as I remember the masks were indeed disinfected (they said 🙂  )   Guess we are just lucky, or have good immune systems.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Mariastreby said:

Didn’t think we wanted to do that on the morning of NY Day, if we manage to stay up on New Years Eve. 😁😉

Ha!  Good point Maria.   Well, we aren't late nighters, or huge drinkers, and couldn't sleep in if we tried, so I guess we'll be OK.  Hadn't thought about that.  Wonder how many on the ship will actually stay up until midnight?  (On our S.America cruise for 2020, I think we heard there were about 50 )

• Haha 1

Did the Belize snorkel tour w Viking.  Was very pleased.  The reef was a bit cloudy but that was due to the hurricane last week. And tons of jellies pretty much all of us got stung.  But saw lots of varieties of fish and it was well managed. 

11 hours ago, knoxclone said:

Did the Belize snorkel tour w Viking.  Was very pleased.  The reef was a bit cloudy but that was due to the hurricane last week. And tons of jellies pretty much all of us got stung.  But saw lots of varieties of fish and it was well managed. 

That jelly fish thing has us a bit surprised and concerned. We had seriously thought about signing up for one of the two times they offer the snorkeling, because the coral reef there is supposed to be quite spectacular. But getting stung by jellyfish on Christmas day (or any other!) does not sound like fun. 

1 hour ago, Mimiya11 said:

Curious as to what people do/did in Roatan?   

I think it depends on your interests . Most people did the included tour to Carambola gardens or for those that like beach/snorkeling they went to West Bay beach. West Bay is really beautiful and there is fantastic snorkeling right from the beach. 

• Like 2

On 11/16/2022 at 1:19 PM, Gaz-n-Mindy said:

Does anyone have any reports on the Bamboo Rafting on the Great River in Jamaica?

It was kind of disappointing. As Liz said its really touristy and more than half the ride is actually a foot massage and scrub where they stop the raft for a long time. Apparently a large part of the river was closed due to a storm so our actual raft time was minimal (maybe 15 mins). 

Several of us complained when we got back that the "3 mile trip" was barely half a mile. At first they refused to do anything saying we read the wrong description. I had to show them screenshots of the tour description and keep pressing them, also spoke with the GM who finally agreed to refund us 50%. 

Edited by WNcruiser
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, WNcruiser said:

I think it depends on your interests . Most people did the included tour to Carambola gardens or for those that like beach/snorkeling they went to West Bay beach. West Bay is really beautiful and there is fantastic snorkeling right from the beach. 

Thanks

We figured we would just spend the time at the beach.  The one offered through Viking leaves at 7:30am which seems kind of ridiculous.   

• Like 1