What has happened to Marella Discovery.

Hi, Can anyone help.   I have just been looking at tui web page and see that  Marella discovery repo cruise on the 13th April  23  has  disappeared.  Have they pulled

the American summer trip.  I  have also looked at the whole month of may and there is no mention of Discovery.  Can anyone help with this.   Thanks in  advance 

Graham.

1 hour ago, gramwold said:

Hi, Can anyone help.   I have just been looking at tui web page and see that  Marella discovery repo cruise on the 13th April  23  has  disappeared.  Have they pulled

the American summer trip.  I  have also looked at the whole month of may and there is no mention of Discovery.  Can anyone help with this.   Thanks in  advance 

Graham.

Hi Graham.

This link will give you info on upcoming trips.👍

https://www.cruisetimetables.com/marella-cruises-2023.html

Edited by Brummijam
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, Brummijam said:

Hi Graham.

This link will give you info on upcoming trips.👍

https://www.cruisetimetables.com/marella-cruises-2023.html

This link is Discovery specific, if you click on the month it will give you the sailing dates.

https://www.cruisetimetables.com/cruise-ship-marella-discovery.html

HI  Brummijam.

Yes mate i see all the dates ect on there but Marella   website says oops no cruises found even if you only  input 7 day cruise.   Very strange that as I   have previously seen them. We were looking at  the 24 night that sets off  from Barbados on the 13April.   Maybe a temporary glich.

28 minutes ago, gramwold said:

HI  Brummijam.

Yes mate i see all the dates ect on there but Marella   website says oops no cruises found even if you only  input 7 day cruise.   Very strange that as I   have previously seen them. We were looking at  the 24 night that sets off  from Barbados on the 13April.   Maybe a temporary glich.

Could well be a glich. The TUI site is very flakey at the best of times.🤦🏻‍♂️

Keep well.😉

Marella Discovery is in for refurbishment at the moment in Cádiz.

Marella Cruises has awarded MJM Marine a multi-million-pound contract for refurbishment work onboard the Marella Discovery, according to a press release.

The Marella Discovery will undergo the renovation of its cabins and suites in November 2022, while in Cádiz, Spain.

Following the recent installation of antimicrobial lighting solutions for public restrooms aboard the Explorer, MJM will present Marella with the installation of the VYV Technology on the Discovery's wet units.

According to MJM, this will provide additional antimicrobial coverage within the cabin spaces, in accordance with the new environmental wellness standards.

This renovation project will also benefit both MJM and the local economy by creating a number of new job openings in Newry, Mourne, and Down.

HI,  Rebel Rouser.

yes I see it in  Cadiz. We will join the ship 22nd December  in one of the renovated cabins for Christmas/new year  cruise.  we just  dont know why  its not advertised on  tui site  now  for America in  April - October.

20 hours ago, Rebel Rouser said:

Marella Discovery is in for refurbishment at the moment in Cádiz.

Marella Cruises has awarded MJM Marine a multi-million-pound contract for refurbishment work onboard the Marella Discovery, according to a press release.

The Marella Discovery will undergo the renovation of its cabins and suites in November 2022, while in Cádiz, Spain.

Following the recent installation of antimicrobial lighting solutions for public restrooms aboard the Explorer, MJM will present Marella with the installation of the VYV Technology on the Discovery's wet units.

According to MJM, this will provide additional antimicrobial coverage within the cabin spaces, in accordance with the new environmental wellness standards.

This renovation project will also benefit both MJM and the local economy by creating a number of new job openings in Newry, Mourne, and Down.

Efty RR hope your well

Any idea how extensive the refurb is.We,re on her next year

18 hours ago, gramwold said:

HI,  Rebel Rouser.

yes I see it in  Cadiz. We will join the ship 22nd December  in one of the renovated cabins for Christmas/new year  cruise.  we just  dont know why  its not advertised on  tui site  now  for America in  April - October.

We,re on the American cruise next July and is showing on TUI site

2 hours ago, Jim The Scot said:

Any idea how extensive the refurb is.We,re on her next year

The Tui website shows before and after shots for selected cabin refurbs, that would take place Nov 2022. I think they are going for the IKEA look

Edited by howmuch!

1 hour ago, howmuch! said:

The Tui website shows before and after shots for selected cabin refurbs, that would take place Nov 2022. I think they are going for the IKEA look

Does that mean that we need to pack a screwdriver and some Allen keys.?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1