Carnival Venezia 29 Sep-14 Oct 2023

JOHN 57

10 minutes ago, retltrcrr said:

Have you tried sausage gravy over your grits?Ā  There's an eye opener.Ā  Same gravy you'd eat on biscuits and gravy but over grits then put those over easy eggs on top.Ā  Yum

sausageĀ  gravy on a biscuit, was one of my favorites, but due to kidney disease, I cannot have meat, especially pork.Ā  But you are correct, it was so good.

I've just recently discovered I like eggs benedict.Ā  Was always afraid of that poached egg, but it's darn good with all the other stuff.Ā  On a busy shore day I start with an omelet or eggs benedict or biscuits and gravy if they have it with a boiled egg sliced on top. Ā  Other days it's just yogurt with fruit and nuts or a fruit crepe - does Carnival make crepes on the lido?Ā  They're a weakness for breakfast or as dessert when I'm on Holland America.Ā  If the coffee isn't bitter I can do that with splenda and cream otherwise it's hot tea with the same.Ā  I do like breakfast potatoes or hash browns as well but that's it for breakfast for this girl.Ā  Never was a fan of breakfast foods even growing up on a farm.Ā  I don't eat traditional breakfast now.Ā  Bacon, sausage, even your turkey bacon John are loaded with sodium.Ā  I avoid sodium when I can and you'll never see me pick up a salt shaker.Ā  Cruise ship food is usually salty enough and I cringe when I see people pick up that shaker and cover their plate before they even take a bite.Ā  Well there are my breakfast choices.Ā  Don't get me started on lunch and dinner!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JOHN 57 said:

sausageĀ  gravy on a biscuit, was one of my favorites, but due to kidney disease, I cannot have meat, especially pork.Ā  But you are correct, it was so good.

I'd like to know your protein numbers - blood and urine.Ā  If you're being told to limit protein which it sounds like with the limiting of meat which would include chicken and fish if that's the case, I'm very curious if your disease is the same as mine.Ā  My kidneys would not let protein into my blood so my blood protein was very low and my urine was loaded with protein.Ā  Are you still improving, stabilized?

I do not have turkey bacon everyday, once in a while.Ā  Have not had any for a long time, intend to have once or twice on the cruise.

WBC 9.3

TIBC 28.1

Glucose 76

Bun 46

creatine 1.84

egfr 38, dropped from 41

sodium 138

potassium 5.0

Ā 

5 hours ago, JOHN 57 said:

I do not have turkey bacon everyday, once in a while.Ā  Have not had any for a long time, intend to have once or twice on the cruise.

WBC 9.3

TIBC 28.1

Glucose 76

Bun 46

creatine 1.84

egfr 38, dropped from 41

sodium 138

potassium 5.0

Ā 

Those are definitely kidney disease numbers.Ā  That's a crazy high BUN, high creatine and low iron.Ā  My creatine at its worst hit 2.0, I had to have iron infusions twice and my egfr bottomed at 21.Ā  I believe 17 is dialysis - we were already saving a vein for that just in case.Ā  I want to discuss my treatment with you and hopefully Myriam as well.Ā  See you at the Meet & Greet.Ā  And enjoy that turkey bacon!šŸ¦ƒgobble, gobble

10 minutes ago, Old Fart Cruisers said:

Less than three hours until online check-in is available for Diamond and Platinum on this cruise.Ā 

I'm 8 days short of Platinum but my check-in says the 13th anyway.Ā  Guess I'll know if that's correct when I attempt it in the morning.Ā  I'm flying out of here Friday and as usual have left a ton of things to do before then.Ā  I managed to give the shrubs a haircut today so there's one thing off my list.Ā  Stacks of clothes are laid out but no suitcase yet.Ā  Why am I still the wait till the last minute kind of gal?Ā  Old dog, new trick?

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, retltrcrr said:

I'm 8 days short of Platinum but my check-in says the 13th anyway.Ā  Guess I'll know if that's correct when I attempt it in the morning.Ā  I'm flying out of here Friday and as usual have left a ton of things to do before then.Ā  I managed to give the shrubs a haircut today so there's one thing off my list.Ā  Stacks of clothes are laid out but no suitcase yet.Ā  Why am I still the wait till the last minute kind of gal?Ā  Old dog, new trick?

Since you will hit 75 days during the cruise, you are considered Platinum the whole cruise. That is why you can check in on the 13th. Your luggage tags should also say Priority. šŸ˜Ž

• Like 1

Just now, Jamman54 said:

Since you will hit 75 days during the cruise, you are considered Platinum the whole cruise. That is why you can check in on the 13th. Your luggage tags should also say Priority. šŸ˜Ž

Whaaaaat!!!!! Ā Some free laundry! Ā Youā€™ve made my night. Ā I can cut back on some clothes now.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, retltrcrr said:

Those are definitely kidney disease numbers.Ā  That's a crazy high BUN, high creatine and low iron.Ā  My creatine at its worst hit 2.0, I had to have iron infusions twice and my egfr bottomed at 21.Ā  I believe 17 is dialysis - we were already saving a vein for that just in case.Ā  I want to discuss my treatment with you and hopefully Myriam as well.Ā  See you at the Meet & Greet.Ā  And enjoy that turkey bacon!šŸ¦ƒgobble, gobble

defintely

5 hours ago, JOHN 57 said:

what did you have in mind, regarding treatment.

I will share with you what was tried on me and what finally worked for me and you can take that info to your nephrologist and see what he thinks.Ā  If you can find any numbers for protein in any of your tests that would be helpful.Ā  You said in the beginning you did a 24 hour urine catch.Ā  That is the best indicator of protein loss if you can access those results.Ā  So, see you in 2 weeks roughly.

On 9/4/2023 at 10:22 AM, JOHN 57 said:

update yes for meet and greet 30 sep,at Heroes Bar 1100

McGwyern

Happy Cruiser

John 57

rettcrr

Jamman54

Destiny 0315

totalyes 6

My husband and I are a yes for meet and greet. Sorry a bit behind on messages. We have been camping. I hope all is ok with fire issue. We got checked in today. (Diamond members)Ā  11:00-11:30 check in time. Printed luggage tags and boarding passes. Now to start packing.Ā 

18 hours ago, Old Fart Cruisers said:

All finished checking in.Ā  I'm REALLY ready for this vacation! šŸ˜

Ā 

image.thumb.png.894fada50e0d094fe8f3f46b7a23a79a.png

Hi, I checked us in at 4am and got 11:00-11:30. Boarding group C šŸ˜ž I figured there must be many diamond and platinum members who set alarms for midnight lol! Packing finally started today. Woohoo

• Like 1

1 hour ago, retltrcrr said:

I will share with you what was tried on me and what finally worked for me and you can take that info to your nephrologist and see what he thinks.Ā  If you can find any numbers for protein in any of your tests that would be helpful.Ā  You said in the beginning you did a 24 hour urine catch.Ā  That is the best indicator of protein loss if you can access those results.Ā  So, see you in 2 weeks roughly.

absolutely

24 minutes ago, foundmyMcGyver said:

Hi, I checked us in at 4am and got 11:00-11:30. Boarding group C šŸ˜ž I figured there must be many diamond and platinum members who set alarms for midnight lol! Packing finally started today. Woohoo

our turn tomorrow, after this cruise, 17 more to go, before I becomeplatinum

46 minutes ago, foundmyMcGyver said:

My husband and I are a yes for meet and greet. Sorry a bit behind on messages. We have been camping. I hope all is ok with fire issue. We got checked in today. (Diamond members)Ā  11:00-11:30 check in time. Printed luggage tags and boarding passes. Now to start packing.Ā 

will see you there