Dining with teens?

Napkins...silverware...Oh my!!!

Sadly the refresher lessons on these accouterment must follow the do not display your food when chewing and no inhalation of foodstuff refresher courses.

Thanks for your support in the clothing choice. I will gladly report back if my training sessions succeed an will willingly share any insights.

40+ guy - if you are serious on the table ettiqute thing, open up an old betty crockers or better homes cookbook, not sure which one it is, but they have it all explained, what is for what, which glass to take, etc. Way back I did a girl scout badge and we had to set a dinner table and learn how to use the appropriate silverware and glass ware!!

I am not looking forward to the dress code. My 16 year old asked me if he could wear is "Spicoli Sneakers" with his slacks ... UGH.

My DD wears jeans, and only jeans. Her lovely 14 year old theory is "nobody is going to tell me what I can wear" ... she'll be eating along ... I see it coming.

I'm thinking that extra roll of duct tape and the cabin closet are sounding really good :p

I was on the Mariner's 2/19 Eastern Caribbean Cruise and it was Winter Break for a lot of kids and we took our 2 with us. The dress is very casual, way more than I had expected. The first night of the cruise was casual and on the Compass it stated "come as you are" and people did just that. I saw shorts, t-shirts, flip flops and everything in between. On the 2 formal nights, I saw many kids/men wearing a dress shirt and slacks, without a tie and women wearing slacks. You will not be denied entry.

I have seen poeple in the dining room in all sorts of things.....as far as the "dress code" is concerned, it is what they recommend, not require. I have never seen them turn anyone away from the dining room, so they could wear a bathing suit as far as I am concerned.....just be aware of the gasps and disapproving looks you would get from other passsengers.

So, they can wear anything..... answer as to what they will fit in wearing? dress pants and a dress shirt, no sneakers, tie, coat if you want not needed.

I am sailing on AOS in May and I will be 26 weeks pregnant.... I am wearing pants and a dress top 1. because I refuse to be uncomfortable 2. I don't have the finances to go out and buy a bunch of dressy maternity clothes I won't be wearing again! If they don't like it TOUGH!!

and as far as the Windjammer..... they would do fine unaccompanied. I assume they won't act like out of control monkeys!!

Jen

Adventure of the Seas May 7, 2006

Jewel of the Seas 2005

Explorer of the Seas 2004

Voyager of the Seas 2002

Premier’s Olympia 1999/1992

Monarch of the Seas 1994

and as far as the Windjammer..... they would do fine unaccompanied. I assume they won't act like out of control monkeys!!

HHmmmm ... that duct tape is sounding better and better ... :rolleyes:

We just returned from the Legend with our 13 year old son (his 1st cruise). We were very lucky in the fact that he was excited that we rented him a tux for the trip. (NO, I am NOT saying anyone else needs to do this! Tuxes in general were in the definite minority - maybe 25%). My rule before we left home was that they only black he was allowed to wear all week was the tux and the Dockers (he lives in black at home - yuk!)

Just so you know, several evenings during the week, including the 2nd formal night for our trip, the teens met for dinner at 8:00 as part of their scheduled activities, and ate at the Windjammer together, supervised by their 'counselors.' My son went to 2 of these I think, plus just joined them to chat after he ate with us at early seating.

We saw several adults in shirts and ties (no jackets) on formal night, so your boys will be fine.

Archived