hermang

We are booked on The Connie for March 11 leaving San Juan on the 11th

Casa el campo - Sunday 12

Day at Sea - Monday

Barbados - Tuesday

Grenada - Wednesday

St. Kitts Thursday

St. Thomas Friday

Assuming they don't switch ports - here is the question.

We want to book Ocenliners one night - Preferrably NOT formal nights and definitly NOT on Friday.

Any idea as to what nights are formal??

I am guessing Monday as it is a day at sea will be one of the formal nights

Second Question - Will muster drill be held Sunday AM or Saturday?

Thanks in advance for your responses

COUNTING DOWN

The muster drill is usually just before you set sail while you are still docked. Do not be in too much of a hurry or you will be at the back of the line ups on the deck. I am short and find it very clastrophic.

As for the formal nights they can vary. We sailed on the connie 04/02/06 southern carribean our formal nights were Sun and Wed.

You will have a grand time she is a class A ship with great staff , food and entertainers.:)

The muster drill is usually just before you set sail while you are still docked. Do not be in too much of a hurry or you will be at the back of the line ups on the deck. I am short and find it very clastrophic.

As for the formal nights they can vary. We sailed on the connie 04/02/06 southern carribean our formal nights were Sun and Wed.

You will have a grand time she is a class A ship with great staff , food and entertainers.:)

We were on the Summit last August and they did the muster Drill the following morning - loved the ship and that's why we are doing the Connie - well that and the fact we are doing St. Kitts.

I would have assumed that with an 11pm sail away - they would not do a muster at night

We decided to do Ocean Liners on the Saturday that we arrived so as to not disrupt or table and waiter. The first night is open seating and it worked out well for us. We had a 6:30 dinner time and as we were the first ones in the dining room, we were lavishly waited on and enjoyed all of our attention. It is about a 3 hour meal so you definitely want to be out of there by 10:15 if you choose to go there on the first evening because muster is at 10:30. And, formal nights are as stated on Monday and Thursday.

Have a wonderful cruise and say hi to Ronnie, Stephen, Marissa and Steven from me.

After you board, head for Oceanliners - there will be someone there to take reservations and there will be a list of the suggested dress for each night of your cruise. We usually choose an informal night when suggested dress is the same for both the dining room and the specialty restaurant.

On embarkation day, the ship's daily will be in your cabin and will have each day's dress code in that edition .... so be sure to keep up with it.

It's the only daily with ALL the days listed in advance. You can drop off your carry-on bags, pick up the daily, and head over to Oceanliners to make your reservations based on the dress code info in the daily.

Good luck!

Cheers,

We are booked on The Connie for March 11 leaving San Juan on the 11th

Casa el campo - Sunday 12

Day at Sea - Monday

Barbados - Tuesday

Grenada - Wednesday

St. Kitts Thursday

St. Thomas Friday

Assuming they don't switch ports - here is the question.

We want to book Ocenliners one night - Preferrably NOT formal nights and definitly NOT on Friday.

Any idea as to what nights are formal??

I am guessing Monday as it is a day at sea will be one of the formal nights

Second Question - Will muster drill be held Sunday AM or Saturday?

Thanks in advance for your responses

COUNTING DOWN

I think you've got it down pat that formal nights are Monday and Thursday. We always pick the first formal night for the specialty restaurant.....we are dressed up and casual is not what the specialty restaurant is about (jacket minimum even on casual nights). With the service you get, we like to go all out.

This trip (week after next) we're going to try two nights because we hear they do something special for returning customers on the same cruise.

Wait a minute.....just realized you'll be just getting back as we board. Keep her in good shape for us, okay?? Thanks,

Rick

hermang,

boat drill is saturday at 1030pm

formal nights are monday and thursday

Hope to see you at 7pm on saturday at the martini bar!

*sweet*

I grew up on 168th St near Union Tnpk - Perhaps we will see ya at the Martini Bar although I am not a martini guy

So we should plan on Oceanliners Tuesday or Wednesday

We decided to do Ocean Liners on the Saturday that we arrived so as to not disrupt or table and waiter. The first night is open seating and it worked out well for us. We had a 6:30 dinner time and as we were the first ones in the dining room, we were lavishly waited on and enjoyed all of our attention. It is about a 3 hour meal so you definitely want to be out of there by 10:15 if you choose to go there on the first evening because muster is at 10:30. And, formal nights are as stated on Monday and Thursday.

Have a wonderful cruise and say hi to Ronnie, Stephen, Marissa and Steven from me.

BUt there is a thought we'd like to eat around 7 that night -hmnnnn

I think you've got it down pat that formal nights are Monday and Thursday. We always pick the first formal night for the specialty restaurant.....we are dressed up and casual is not what the specialty restaurant is about (jacket minimum even on casual nights). With the service you get, we like to go all out.

This trip (week after next) we're going to try two nights because we hear they do something special for returning customers on the same cruise.

Wait a minute.....just realized you'll be just getting back as we board. Keep her in good shape for us, okay?? Thanks,

Rick

I heard that return visitors got a special menu -

hermang,

you dont need to drink anything to meet us

i worked on 166th and union tpke for 10 years maybe we have already met.

What made you think oceanliners was not open embarkation day? you cannot make prior reservations thru the captains club

i have eaten there 5 embarkations and will be there sat night at 730pm.

see you sat night

*sweet*

Rick

I heard that return visitors got a special menu -

Archived