all there is too know about grandeur OTS

maxsales

I’m looking at booking her this winter or spring because she will be in Tampa. Want to do a cruise with several elderly relatives so cruising from home and as small a ship as possible sounds good for us. I LOVE small ocean focused ships. Brilliance was wonderful. This is even smaller but the the layout and look seems similar. Also looking at a TA from Barcelona on Enchantment. She looks really nice on the videos I’ve seen. 

On 11/25/2022 at 8:06 AM, mawvkysc said:

I I LOVE small ocean focused ships. Brilliance was wonderful. This is even smaller but the the layout and look seems similar. Also looking at a TA from Barcelona on Enchantment. She looks really nice on the videos I’ve seen. 

One thing to check - on this class some of the promenade decks are closed by a gate. On the Grandeur, the Captain has his daily walk there- so it was open. 

1 hour ago, AtSeaAlways said:

One thing to check - on this class some of the promenade decks are closed by a gate. On the Grandeur, the Captain has his daily walk there- so it was open. 

Are you referring to the very front portion (where the bow access is) being closed to passengers? That would not be unusual.  It's still possible, and very pleasant, to be able to walk the other 95% of promenade deck.  And aft, if one is lucky, a crew door will open and all the aromas of the bakery will waft out.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 11/17/2022 at 3:50 PM, Jimbo said:

Just curious,  why that ship when there is so many other newer ships to sail on that Royal Caribbean owns?

I've been on Gots many times.  The ship is more of the classic cruise experience I enjoy.  She is a fine ship which rides well, is easy to get around, has fewer younger cruisers and has teak decks instead of an amusement park which I don't use.  Not to mention the great cruise cost when compared to the new mega ships.  We were able to book a GS for less than a veranda cabin on the Wonder.  The nice thing about cruising with RCCL is they have a ship for everyone.  We will be on the August 19th, 2023 cruise out of Tampa.

Bill

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Ky Bill said:

We will be on the August 19th, 2023 cruise out of Tampa.

Bill

We'll be there right before you on the 12th.  We've done just about all our cruises on the smaller ships and really enjoy those venues.

• Like 1

We will be on GOTS in 45 Days!! This will be the smallest ship my kids have ever been on and also the oldest, however, we are SO excited for the experience!! I wanted to sail on the older "smaller" ships while we still can! The mega ships have their charms but there is something to be said for the classic feeling of an older ship. I cannot wait to enjoy teak decks, a singular tall centurium to walk onboard into (and gasp over) and re-live that 90's cruise experience. No bells, no whistles, just a classic cruise to enjoy and spend quality time together on vacation. 

• Like 2