Printing boarding passes and labels?

Manchesterford

Hello everyone,

Can I just check how ‘essential’ it is to print off boarding passes and luggage labels beforehand? We don’t have easy access to a printer and it feels like there’s quite a bit of effort to put in before we even arrive at the port - and due to various circumstances, there isn’t a lot of time to play around with. Can most/all admin tasks effectively/realistically be achieved when we get to Southampton? 

Thank you!

I'm not sure about the rest but I know that when we arrive at the terminal our luggage just goes in "the hole in the wall" outside and is next seen outside the cabin.  It would be a bit of a palaver  to get labels in the terminal then take the cases back out again, even if it was possible.

Someone else will probably be better at explaining things.

8 hours ago, Manchesterford said:

Hello everyone,

Can I just check how ‘essential’ it is to print off boarding passes and luggage labels beforehand? We don’t have easy access to a printer and it feels like there’s quite a bit of effort to put in before we even arrive at the port - and due to various circumstances, there isn’t a lot of time to play around with. Can most/all admin tasks effectively/realistically be achieved when we get to Southampton? 

Thank you!

If you have booked through a travel agent they should be able to print out the boarding pass and labels for you. 
The baggage handlers have access to luggage labels.

I’m not sure but you should be ok without boarding pass but it will take a bit longer. Presume you have covid pass on phone. 

11 hours ago, Manchesterford said:

Hello everyone,

Can I just check how ‘essential’ it is to print off boarding passes and luggage labels beforehand?

For the boarding pass, on my last cruise I had contemplated simply transferring the QR code on the pass to Apple Wallet in my phone so it could be scanned (as I do with all other boarding passes, membership cards, etc.)

In the end I didn't but took a paper copy, and as it turned out the check-in desk stamped the paper with an 'OK to board' stamp that was then checked before passing through the security scanners.

Not having the paper copy - I am sure it would have been resolved but it would likely have delayed things slightly.