Solo question

Boatingmom

49 minutes ago, Boatingmom said:

Anybody do solo in specialty dining? Was it weird?

It was absolutely NOT weird! I've only sailed on Princess solo, and have felt from the beginning that the specialty restaurants are head-and-shoulders above the MDR on Princess ships. I was treated like royalty on the nine or ten times I've done specialty dining. Well worth the $29 charge (or whatever it is now).

• Like 2

I agree I've sailed so and dined at specialty restaurants it's just like dining alone in a land restaurant and you can get out sooner as well since you won't be at a large table in the mdr.  I just cruised on the discovery princess last month I did table sharing in mdr it took about 2 hours for dinner so it was nice having a break from that.  I don't care for the buffet plus it is nice to meet new people especially when cruising solo.

Ok, im going to go for it. I am sitting in fixed time at a shared table for most of the cruise. I reserved one nite in each specialty restaurant .  I like good food and don't want to miss out because I'm solo. Maybe i will bring a book so I don't accidentally people watch other tables🤷‍♀️

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Boatingmom said:

Anybody do solo in specialty dining? Was it weird?

Not at all! I do it all the time. All I can tell you is go enjoy yourself and the food. Depending what specialty dining you're doing some even have you kind of nearby other tables in a sense so you can always to chat with those around you like you do in the main dining room. 

• Like 1