How soon before sailing does online check-in open?

emory2001

Please forgive my not knowing. I did a search for it before asking and didn't see anything on this. I usually sail Royal Caribbean, but we have a Europe cruise scheduled on MSC Poesia and we're excited to try a new cruise line.

1. How soon before sailing does online check-in usually start?

2. From my search it looks like MSC has designated port arrival times like Royal. Do you get to choose your arrival time, or does MSC assign you one?

Thank you for the help.

Thank you! I found it and completed the check-in, but I didn't see the health questionnaire. I presume that comes later, except it says everything has to be complete by 20 days before sailing. When does the health questionnaire show up? (we still have plenty of time)

11 minutes ago, emory2001 said:

Thank you! I found it and completed the check-in, but I didn't see the health questionnaire. I presume that comes later, except it says everything has to be complete by 20 days before sailing. When does the health questionnaire show up? (we still have plenty of time)

I believe that will be accessible 20 days prior to sailing. I actually received my check in documents with the printed health questionnaire for my May cruise by just clicking the button that said email it to me during web check-in. Others said they could not receive those documents until 20 days prior to sailing, so it could’ve been a typical MSC website glitch, lol.

I was a bit confused by this, too. My cruise isn't until next October, yet when I finished web check-in it said my travel documents were ready, but ticket and boarding pass are grayed out. I assume I'll be able to print this out later and find out when check-in time is then?