White Bay Australia Cruise Port…

DenGNNJ

Would any of you experienced Azamara cruisers who have docked at this port on previous cruises know if Azamara provides shuttle service from the ship to somewhere closer to or outside the cruise port’s entrance?  I’m looking at Google Maps and it appears to be a long walk.  THX!

Edited by DenGNNJ

In 2017 they provided a bus to Darling Harbor.  I believe the stop was quite close to the Sea Life Aquarium.  But of course, that was a long time ago and pre-COVID. 

Would love to hear from folks who've been there in the last year since we'll be there in January.  

2 hours ago, DenGNNJ said:

Would any of you experienced Azamara cruisers who have docked at this port on previous cruises know if Azamara provides shuttle service from the ship to somewhere closer to or outside the cruise port’s entrance?  I’m looking at Google Maps and it appears to be a long walk.  THX!

The answer would depend on whether you had a day call or an overnight stay, or docked and departed on the same day, i.e. changeover day from one cruise to the next.

We were on a B2B and docked at 2pm on Wednesday 7 February 2018, prior to changeover day on Thursday 8 February.

From the "Insider" of 7 February :

"Complimentary shuttle : Will be offered from 2pm until 8pm. Drop off/pick up location - Dawes Point from where it is approximately 15 to 20 minute walk to Circular Quay and approximately 5 to 10 minute walk to The Rocks. The shuttle route takes around 30 minutes each way, depending on traffic. The last shuttle from the city is at 8pm. Shuttle tickets will be required for the buses from 2pm to 3.30pm. Please inquire at the Guest Relations Desk for available times."

I see oddjob16 got in a more up to date post as I was writing!

It could be helpful to know whether those shuttles were on a "port day" or on a "turn around day."

Edited by Baynanno1
additional comment

We’re overnighting in Sydney… arrive Jan 6 @ 8am, and depart Jan 7 @ 6 pm.  

Our plan on Jan 6 is to do the Sydney Harbour Bridge Climb (Azamara) excursion at 9 am, NOT take the transportation back to the ship when done (at around 1pm), hop on the ferry to Manly Beach to take in some amazing harbour views, eat lunch when we get there, get in a couple of beach hours & perhaps see some sights, ferry back, and then go back to the ship for a later-ish dinner.  

As long as we’re overnighting in Sydney, there’s no reason to rush back to the ship.

We’re fully aware that the “shuttle” probably isn’t going to be open 24 hrs., but knowing where to catch it and what it’s operating hours are is still important nonetheless.

Edited by DenGNNJ

11 hours ago, Baynanno1 said:

I see oddjob16 got in a more up to date post as I was writing!

It could be helpful to know whether those shuttles were on a "port day" or on a "turn around day."

It was a port day.(Day before disembarkation) I would expect shuttles to be more scarce on a turnaround day

• Like 3

12 hours ago, oddjob16 said:

It was a port day.(Day before disembarkation) I would expect shuttles to be more scarce on a turnaround day

Thanks, I'm sure many will find your clarification useful.

I had no information on a shuttle on the turnaround day in the papers I have from our cruise, only the half day before.

On 11/20/2022 at 8:06 AM, DenGNNJ said:

We’re overnighting in Sydney… arrive Jan 6 @ 8am, and depart Jan 7 @ 6 pm.  

Our plan on Jan 6 is to do the Sydney Harbour Bridge Climb (Azamara) excursion at 9 am, NOT take the transportation back to the ship when done (at around 1pm), hop on the ferry to Manly Beach to take in some amazing harbour views, eat lunch when we get there, get in a couple of beach hours & perhaps see some sights, ferry back, and then go back to the ship for a later-ish dinner.  

As long as we’re overnighting in Sydney, there’s no reason to rush back to the ship.

We’re fully aware that the “shuttle” probably isn’t going to be open 24 hrs., but knowing where to catch it and what it’s operating hours are is still important nonetheless.

I love your plan.  My late husband and I would always take the ferry to Manly when in port.  The best “harbour tour” and a wine on the balcony of the hotel over there.

If it won’t be too late, I’m on Quest in Sydney over New Year’s Eve, so can confirm shuttles then.  And thank you, this is the first time I have heard there might be a shuttle.  I have arranged for an Opal card (NSW public transport card) ready for ferries and buses.  About time I went to Bondi beach!

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/20/2022 at 11:06 AM, DenGNNJ said:

And even if you end up missing the last shuttle a cab or Uber to White Bay would be around A$20 from the City area be it Darling Harbour, The Rocks/Circular Quay or Chinatown.

• Like 1