Question for BillB48 regarding Cristóbal

gkkapp

We have done several partial Panama Canal cruises.  On the first cruise we took the ferry through the full canal.  The next time we stayed on the ship back through the locks and the ship stopped at Cristóbal,  We were really happy to find the large tourist area at the pier with food, crafts and entertainment.  Several years later we went again and the tourist area was gone, we docked at Colon instead.  In February we are cruising again and will stop at Cristóbal.  I saw several things on the Internet that indicate there is once again a tourist area there.  Is this true??  I hope so. 

<<<Karen>>> 

28 minutes ago, BillB48 said:

While I don't have any direct knowledge as to what is available at the tourist area at the Cristobal piers, it is my understanding that it is not anywhere as nice as it was in the original pier.

Thanks for the reply.  Maybe someone who goes there before we do in February will post about it.  We aren't sure yet whether we will take a tour or not.  The last time we did it was to Monkey Island.  Of course it rained and water poured off the canvas top on the boat.  Soaked us to the skin!!!  Don't plan on doing that again. 

<<<Karen>>>

At least in February the chance of rain will be slim since that is in the middle of the Dry Season.  Just keep in mind that Dry Season in Panama doesn't me no rain, but an excellent chance it won't rain!  Enjoy whatever you decide upon.