Social Media Package

rccoble

Does anyone know whether NCL has discontinued Social Media only internet packages? I'm scheduled to sail on the Prima 12/16 sailing and only fixed minute and unlimited internet packages are showing up for purchase. I certainly hope this isn't the case.

Maybe, just ... fingers crossed, maybe - NCL is making changes to the assorted onboard WiFi packages for 2023 ??  Starlink rolling out and prices, appeared to be lowered than before (wishful thinking, but possible ... one can dream)  Of course, some choose to disconnect & put their devices into the mini-safe (just don't forget to take it when disembarkation ... why bring it along, then ??)

A quick "reservations" check on 2 planned NCL cruises coming up:

This is a new price bundled being offered/quoted for 12 days - without the FAS upgrade/trade-in ... not bad, just over $20 USD per day ...

Unlimited Wi-Fi: 1 Device

Stay connected with this Unlimited Wi-Fi Package. Includes general browsing, emails, and messaging. Does not support streaming functions. Upgrade applies to g ...

• PRICE $244.80

This, price offered/quoted for 7 days -without FAS upgrade/trade-in, not bad, just $20 USD per day ...

Unlimited Wi-Fi: 1 Device

Stay connected with this Unlimited Wi-Fi Package. Includes general browsing, emails, and messaging. Does not support streaming functions. Upgrade applies to g ...

• PRICE $142.80

Social Media package pricing was, if I'm not mistaken, $15 per day ... so, might as well, toss NCL an extra $5 a day (price of a Starbucks onboard + 20%, LOL) 

Was planning to do the FAS upgrade for myself and my husband, but we also have our two young adult children traveling with us who I usually get the social media package for. Trying to figure out the most economical was for us all to have wifi access without spending over $500 for the week.

49 minutes ago, rccoble said:

Was planning to do the FAS upgrade ... also have our two young adult children ... figure out the most economical was for us all to have wifi access without spending over $500 for the week.

If you log into your upcoming Prima reservation next month, it'll display your upgrade/discounted pricing with different options/tiers, for up to 4 devices ... And, if 2 of you can be "disciplined" enough to hold off not all going online at the same time (evening) and wait until after midnight or 12:01 am ship time, you should be paying a reduced total for 6 days, minus any adjustments and, do make use of any & all available, applicable non-refundable OBC.  To do the upgrade using FAS minutes/MB data given, do not use them until the trade-up/exchange/upgrade are done (easy DIY via the app/account logged in) after 12:01 am. 

For the 3rd & 4th person, if all they are getting you to pay for their satellite access, speak to the iCafe manager upon embarkation and see whether or not s/he can do a discount pricing for 2 devices with unlimited access (and, whether the social media package has been discontinued or not ... those options, as available before, aren't exactly inexpensive either).  Looking at our upcoming Prima cruise as booked, it's doable to keep it just under $500 for all 4 together ... 😮😮 

Good luck, enjoy the cruise - depending on your cellular plan(s) options - superior and faster 4G and 5G access could be much better on port days while docked and on land. 

53 minutes ago, mking8288 said:

depending on your cellular plan(s) options - superior and faster 4G and 5G access could be much better on port days while docked and on land. 

I found this to be the case on the Getaway in October. Two of our ports were US ports (St. Thomas and San Juan), so our phones worked as they normally would, but Verizon had a $10 per 24 hours for cellular service elsewhere. It worked OK enough in the Bahamas and great in the Dominican Republic, far better than the ship's internet, which always seemed to be terrible whenever we were in port.

• Like 1