Norwegian Base 150Minute WIFI

redratcruiser

Hello.

I am aware that the base 150 minutes WIFI package that was included with our purchase is made for emails, messaging and general surfing. I have another person on the ticket and was wondering if it was 150 minutes per person? Can we both use it at the same time?

Also, I am not really tech savvy and ideally I would like to know how I can get it up? Is their a specific part of the cruise check in site that I can find the log in details?

Thank you very much.

when did you book your cruise? the new free at sea wifi plan now is now per person 

to use the wifi, connect your device to the ship wifi network just like you were using the app. in the broswer on your device there is a specific page you need to access to access the internet. it is something like login.com . the app also has instructions 

We got 150 mins pp and it would normally be enough for the few mins check in online each day but on our January cruise I need to be contactable so I upgraded just my Wi-Fi to unlimited. I assumed DH would still keep his 150 mins but I read that somebody onboard right now upgraded one person in the room but the other person lost the 150 mins also. Anybody have info on this, if that's correct?

19 minutes ago, Cruise-mom said:

We got 150 mins pp and it would normally be enough for the few mins check in online each day but on our January cruise I need to be contactable so I upgraded just my Wi-Fi to unlimited. I assumed DH would still keep his 150 mins but I read that somebody onboard right now upgraded one person in the room but the other person lost the 150 mins also. Anybody have info on this, if that's correct?

On both cruises we've taken this year, my husband upgraded his WiFi to the unlimited plan. I retained my 150 included Free at Sea minutes. 

• 1 month later...
On 11/21/2022 at 8:08 PM, seekatz said:

Based on my Bliss cruise 2 weeks ago it was 150 min. per person, per device.

Instructions were very clear, and we were impressed with the internet speed.

As always remember to log out.

Is Logging Out obvious to do?

I presume its a specific login.out to the internet connection?

I also presume the NCL app works separately with its own, initial login?

For newbies to using NCL's satellite WiFi internet access, stop by the iCafe desk and pickup one of the printed mini-guide of how to's - it explain how to login and logout via the mobile browser, connecting to ship's WiFi, and Chrome & Firefox browsers are supported.  iCafe manager has posted office hours in the morning, afternoon & early evening if extra help is needed - it's fairly easy DIY.  

The "Norwegian" App (iOS/Android) be sure to run the newest/updated version - is the main portal to access your account, login and passwords can be set to use your NCL username or email address and password - gateway to viewing your Onboard account charges, upgrades and bookings, etc. without necessary establishing another userID and password or 2FA, etc. 

There are screenshot samples as FYI, not intended as a tutorial or detailed instructions.  

Collage_2022-11-28_08_53_37.thumb.jpg.236cd3853b120dc72b47cbcd303cb6df.jpg

Collage_2022-11-28_09_04_27.thumb.jpg.58c971393797d3849077432be3cbb8fe.jpg

To maximize online access, disable and/or turnoff all background cloud updates, backup or playstore patches, etc. as those will vastly slow down the device, worsen the latency with the narrow bandwidth, and easily result in unresponsive apps ... crashing / FC your device, etc. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, SleeStack1 said:

Is Logging Out obvious to do?

I presume its a specific login.out to the internet connection?

I also presume the NCL app works separately with its own, initial login?

You type logout.com in the browser window when you're done.  But be aware on the Bliss 4 years ago I had several occasions where it did not log me out and used up my minutes.  I got it reinstated but that's at the discretion of the internet manager.

The app does not require a login.

4 minutes ago, Grumpella said:

Do you need the NCL app to use your free 150 minutes?  He just wants to surf the web, no emails.

i have the app on my phone but my husband does not.  Thank you.

app is not needed

go to login.com or something like that start the clock and then you will access to surf the web